Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. Allow automatically adding datapoints to more than one goal at a time (esp. if it also allows transformations).

Examples: Work projects for which I want to track the hours worked as both "Hours Worked" and "Hours on Project P". That way I could enter the datapoint in "Hours on Project P" and it would automatically be entered into "Hours Worked"

e.g. #2
    Have "Difference in weight" goal (like "chipmanaged's goal here: https://www.beeminder.com/chipmanaged/goals/difference) but that is populated by a transformation of the datapoint entered into the "weight" goal, so that you can enter the datapoint for yourself, but share the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There currently only appears to be a total net calories through FitBit. I track my food intake there, but not activity since my Fitbit flex broke. Or at least have some calorie-counting site that can be integrated.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Right now you can make a Do Less goal and "pessimistic presumptive" is turned on by default. If you do not report your data, Beeminder automatically puts in a pessimistic datapoint on the days you missed, which is usually around x2 more steeper than the road.

My suggestion is that this rate be customizable so that it may be more pessimistic than just x2 the yellow brick road.

For example, a person may have a "Go to bed early" goal, where he/she aims to sleep by 22:00 (10PM). You create a do-less goal where you report -5 if you slept…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow people to pre-commit money on a once-off or monthly basis. Then, at the end of a preset period, process that donation in proportion to the amount of time you were meeting or exceeding your goal requirements.

I already donate a regular amount of my salary to charity, and sometimes get a windfall (e.g. tax return) that I donate on a once off basis. However, I would like to be able to stake this money on performance against my goals. If I have a good month, all the money goes to charity. If I derail a couple of times (say,…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice to have the graph reset the nominal amount of units reported to zero (or a given number) so you improve weekly performance. Say I'm only focusing on how I'm doing this week—checking Beeminder could tell me only how many times I've derailed this week, while maintaining the cumulative total for pricing. So if I had to pay $30 last week, on Sunday my counter resets to zero, but derailing this week will still charge me $90. It would be helpful mentally for focusing on performance and not feeling defeated by previous performance, and would be optional.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I can change the goal name to be meaningful to me, but can't change the URL. For instance, I started my exercise regiment using an elliptical, so set the URL as /elliptical. I have since branched out into other forms of exercise, so have changed the name to "cardio", but my Beeminder Widget still says elliptical and there's no way to change it (as far as I can see).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like to be able to trim the buffer on my do less goal by how much buffer I have rather than how much time till I derail. This is both because the "how much time to derail" measure is kinda meaningless for them and because it lacks the fine grained control I need.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When creating a goal, I entered a unit. Now I want to use the "rescale" feature, and I'd like to also change the unit. I could not find such an option anywhere in the settings. (Or is the Y-axis label - which can be changed - the only place this is really used?)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. While it's nice to see how long I have left before I derail, the current version of the IOS app doesn't tell me how much I need to do to make it back onto the right side of the road. Those three numbers from the website version of the graph would be nice to know on the IOS app!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, anything you do after midnight that causes the graph to refresh that isn't "add a large enough data point" can cause derailment. Just now I went to the website to add a data point to a goal that was about to derail, noted my target needed to be pushed back a week, and used the road dial before I sent the data. This refreshed the graph and derailed me. This is a perverse disincentive. I shouldn't be charged money for adjusting my goal without warning. The fix is simple: any action taken on the website that would cause a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks David! You’re absolutely right and we’ve mainly been slow on this because it’s going to fixed as part of an overhaul we’re working on that will “generalize midnight”, ie, let you pick arbitrary goal deadlines. That’s easier said than done, as you can see from the elaborate spec here: http://expost.padm.us/midnight

Btw, could you help us test how these admin responses work. Can you hit reply to it? It’s supposed to go to support@beeminder.com if you do…

Thanks again!
    The Bee Team

11. I have a github minder, but I notice that it seems to count my (public+personal) contributions as well as my (org+private) contributions.

It would be nice if we could configure options, at least for "public only" and "personal only", which would give us a set of four combinations. Alternatively, having public/private/both and personal/org/both as option sets could enable beeminding commits at work or even work-based OSS contributions.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a couple goals such as "minutes of focused work" and "push ups."

It would be nice if there was a stat counter that showed how much data has been added for today.

So at a glance, I can see how many minutes I've worked today. How many push ups I've done etc.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With the focus only on read email, I find myself deleting and archiving my read email only and ignoring all the new email which lies unread. (As a result I have 300 plus new unread email whereas I would typically have 20-25. ) It would be useful to have the option to include unread mail as well in "Gmail Zero"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I signed up for several goal management sites to see which one suited my needs best. I've chosen a different site for its journalling focus, but I can't seem to find where I delete this account? I hate cyber-clutter!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Like to force yourself to add a certain number of pictures per week to Flickr. HT @anomalily

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Or, make the feedback button not float? I mean, have you seriously ever tried zooming in on a beeminder page in a mobile browser? That button fills up half the screen when you zoom in on anything. and people who want to leave feedback will find the link.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My wife and I have some household goals that we both contribute to. It would be great if we could both enter data for the goal, and probably both be on the hook for the pledge.

As a workaround, today I am hosting our shared goals and entering data on her behalf.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I set a week off so I could go on vacation without having to worry about my goals, but the email bot reminds me that I am within nine days of derailing and should email it with data, which seems to partially defeat the purpose.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A simple video or article describing how to use beeminder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use http://getpocket.com to remember to read stuff after work... and most of the time I forget. It would be nice to a have a zero goal like the one for email.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?