We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like TimeTag to text me when I'm out and about, not just on the web. That would allow me to use it with iOS or even people who still have dumbphones. I'm used to answering texts. I'm not sure of the barriers though.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When editing the settings for my goal, if I switch between "Basic" "Reminder" and "Advanced" on Chrome v14.0 , I lose the information I had submitted in the other tabs. Thus, I'm forced to click submit before switching to another tab.

My intuition tells me that I should be able to fill out all three tabs and hit submit on any of the three to see changes. I'm not sure that's happening :)

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With 30 datapoints its no big deal, but I have looking at lots of stuff here and when there is years of data on a graph, it gets pretty cluttered and difficult to see where you are in relation to the road. Only relevant for relatively long term goals or recording I guess, but some that have been around a while are tough to see.

291 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Working on this! And we should emphasize that the specific problem is now solved (see x-min etc in graph settings) but it will be much nicer when you can just pan and zoom visually.

5. I get the whole anti-akrasia thing where you pay when you fail. You're incentivizing your future self to toe the line (stay on the road).

But it takes a certain kind of nerd to appreciate the value in that. Normal people might prefer it the other way around: I still put in my credit card up front but you only charge it if I actually reach my goal.

It's like a satisfaction guarantee: Beeminder will get you to the end of your Yellow Brick Road or your money back!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Like each datapoint, pink line, maybe the CL of your road - just date & value as you did on the data. On the graph I don't need to know how I entered it, but it would be good to take the guess out of where is the center of my YBR.

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s a really good idea!

(The way we’re generating the graph images currently makes that easier said than done, so this might be a while, but we agree it’s worth doing.)

7. Right now, when you hover over the goal title, the title attribute, which shows a little dialog, is the same thing. Why not make the title attribute the goal details, since the goal details are sometimes truncated.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sometimes those goal titles get truncated so in that case the mouseover text is useful. But you’re right, it should give some kind of additional useful info as well.

By “goal details” do you mean “Goal”, “Risking”, and “Status”?

8. It's nice to have the yellow brick road and know what I need to do to keep from losing my goal, but it would also be nice to have a linear estimate of the purple "average" line or the turquoise swath (maybe only over the last N days?) so you can tell how fast you are actually going.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good idea, and not hard to do. We’re just a little worried about cluttering things. We already sometimes hear complaints that it’s trying to throw too much information at you. We’re willing to be convinced though. We’d love to hear more about how you’d use that info. (Counter-argument: For most people, they’re either just managing to stay on their yellow brick road, or they go way off it. Knowing the rate of the YBR itself usually suffices.)

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 14 15 16 18 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?