Skip to content

General

General

Categories

348 results found

1. So I can just check in and enter data for as many goals as I like with one mouse click. Maybe keep the syntax used on the SMSbot (but I wouldn't have to create multiple texts). All these goals that I am tracking are eating into my day and I am just looking for shortcuts. This is a great idea and I'd give it more votes but I only have one left.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For goals of the form "do X at least N times per week", it would be helpful to check off each day which we did; instead of having 3 emails for 3 goals, we could have one "checklist" email where we could reply A, C to indicate that goals A and C should be incremented, but not B.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This has decreased my motivation by reminding me I have nothing at stake.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some of our goals are grand projects; read a book, loose weight, etc.; but others are perishable, recurring events: keep a morning routine, floss, make bed, write in a Journal, etc. If you miss it, you can't reasonable make it up and it is gone forever. It'd be nice to see the option to specify up front, hey, I know I will fail from time to time and if I do I owe you $1 or $5 or $10; but with payment I am right back on track and will try to do better tomorrow.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The graphs are nice as is, but could do so much more! I'm imagining beeminder as not just a self-binding tool but a self-awareness tool. For a simple example, say I have goals a and b -- it would be awesome to be able to graph a vs. b on the same graph, or the sum of a and b, and look at patterns in the data. Are a and b inversely proportional (suggesting limited reserves of time and motivation), or directly proportional (suggesting independently fluctuating levels of motivation)?

This is maybe way beyond what beeminder is intended to do,…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. So you can get to their graphs from your page without having to bookmark them separately.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to be able to share a goal/graph with friends and family without making it completely public. If that is a pain to implement I'd even be okay with a "if you have the right link then you can see the page" system, but with no obvious public link.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd like to be able to receive and respond to time-tracking pings from my phone (ideally, also from PC-based notifications in case I'm at a PC but don't have cell service) and have all my responses tracked and analyzed "in the cloud." This way I can track time that isn't spent at a computer (more descriptively than just "afk").

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m so hooked on tagtiming that I wouldn’t ever rely on a network connection or even a cell connection to get my pings.

Still, this is a great idea for people less obsessive about that.

(Note that if you have an android phone we do have a tagtime app.)

9. I have a graph (http://beeminder.com/jamuraa/goals/blog) which I had previously been updating automatically by RSS for each post. Something has gone wrong with it, and I suspect it is because the RSS feed is wrong, but I can't edit the magic setting for the bot. I propose that this setting should be under "Advanced".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think there is some movement on this board to give users more control over deleting or editing goals, but I wanted to point out that your current lack of an interface for these things is actually a bit of a feature. It makes you think twice about what goals you create (commit to). For instance, I have a dud email goal hanging around, I set it to end in a week and I hope it goes away, but as an end-user I don't know if it will and it makes me more careful about creating goals I don't want…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The caret idea [https://www.beeminder.com/faq#qcut] is nice if you have trouble remembering the day of the month but carets are a pain to get to from iphone keyboards (and some android phones as well).

(As a first step, if the space weren't required after the caret that would streamline it a bit.)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As Alice pointed out in the previous status update, we’ve got apps for both iOS and Android, and they’ve got super easy data entry methods. But for people using the SMS bot or who just prefer the email bot to the apps, I like some of these ideas. Keep them coming!

12. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Motivation: It seems a bit tricky to edit intermediate goals (for example, setting goal too low and then high would create some unrealistic goals (e.g., +100 hours/week). Once a goal is set like this mistakenly, it's hard to change the goal, and it also reduces motivation to some degree.

Suggestion: One possible solution is to allow adjusting goals multiple times before
    "committing". This way, I would be able to try changing the goals until I get comfortable with a new goal, but
    once I press commit button, then the goal wouldn't be changed (at least
    within the next week).

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When the BeeBot queries me it asks for a reply in the form of goalname dayofmonth datapoint. It seems to make sense that the default reply should simply be: datapoint. In this case the default value for goalname would be the goal that triggered the BeeBot query, and the default value for dayofmonth would be today.

81 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Could there be folders for certain goals so I can keep them all straight? I'd like a "Health" folder where I could log workouts, odometer readings, macronutrients splits eaten over the week, etc. A "Study" folder to keep track of the time spent on school, and a "Hobbies" folder so I could track things like time spent on reading outside of class, practicing an instrument, or time spent other self improvement goals.

257 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

“Started” may be an exaggeration but this no longer seems hard and is bubbling to the top of the list of priorities…

Rough sketch of the plan: Put the countdown to next derailment next to or in place of the “bob is minding” heading, which avoids the problem of someone accidentally burying an eep goal. And then kill frontburner/backburnering. And then add tags and sorting by whatever you like — tag, time-to-derailment, pledge, goalname. For tags you could specify in the url, like bmndr.com/bob/tag/foo (same as the blog).

16. If I succeed, then I had the option of allowing friends and loved ones to watch me do it. If I fail, they get to laugh at me, leaving even more reason to succeed.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sharing is pretty huge, but can you say what exactly you mean by “a secure way”? Do you need a way to guarantee that only specific people see your graph, and that those people would have to have beeminder accounts themselves (to ensure you’re sharing with only those you intend)? If you just give the URL of your graph to those you want to share your goal with, that may be the best of all worlds, unless you’re super paranoid about the URL falling into the wrong hands. That’s our own philosophy, anyway. Others may have different privacy needs so we’re eager to hear more feedback on this.

17. Love the sms BeeBot and I like the UVI of adding the "safe days" in the subject line of the reminder messages. Both via e-mail and sms you send an "updated" reply with the new data and the link to that graph. Could you add the "new" safe days either in the subject or the body of the message.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for adding this! There’s a minor infrastructural thing on our to-do list before this will be straightforward to add, but we’ll hurry and get the safety buffer shown in all emails from the bot.

18. This is from the discussion at http://lesswrong.com/lw/7z1/antiakrasia_tool_like_stickkcom_for_data_nerds/

Allow people to add a "charity tip percentage" on top of their BeeMinder money. For instance, if I chose 100%, and I was due to pay $5, you'd charge me $10 and give half to charity. That way, you get the same money (except for the extra deterrent of the higher total), and I get to choose what percentage goes to charity. You also get interesting data about how much people value the idea of some of their money going to charity.

You could start with limited options for the charities - a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. So I don't have to use the back button or go back to "my gallery" could you put a link to all of my other goals on on each graph page. That way I could get to any other goal each time I went to a specific goal page - hope that made sense.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote