Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. My problem is that RescueTime goals are measuring unproductive time or productive time on the computer, and my goals for computer time each week can vary greatly depending on what's going on in my life. For me, the ratio of unproductive time to productive time would be a more useful measure. Essentially, no matter how many hours I am spending on the computer each week, I don't want more than x% of the time to be unproductive.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Email settings for Backburnered/completed/failed goals should appear in a section at the bottom of the page.

Or else, perhaps active goals should be highlighted in some way whether by order or colour or something else.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I blindly entered my data for 1st March as "29 xxx" following on from the 28th Feb data in the row above. It seems like you ought to be able to catch that mistake for me?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Possibility No. 1:

Friends will lose money when you derail, just like yourself (but not necessarily the same amount). This augments the deterrence and now your reputation is at stake.

Possibility No. 2:

Friends / investors pay money up-front. They only get the money back if you reach your goal / do not derail.

Many other forms of this idea can be conceived of. I think trust- or investment-based incentives may well be the future of Beeminder.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The email settings page allows very fine-grained control over settings, but adding a new goal can requires one to change the settings.

e.g. I want to permit daily mass mailings, but don't ever want the bot to email me about specific goals (except legitimacy tests). However, a new goal defaults to email on all days.

Solution: Have "default new goal settings" in email screen, or infer from existing goals the user's likely preference, and use that as default.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've observed a minor bug in the way the Beeminder iOS app is handling dates.

Let's say it's 20 Feb and I enter the following data:
    20 0.5
    This immediately shows up in the list of data points as:
    21 0.5
    The graph is drawn correctly and back on the website the graph and data points are correct, but the list in the iOS app is always off by one day (with the date listed as one day ahead).

This may possibly have something to do with the fact that I'm in Australia – a time zone issue.

It's not…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This may be of use for a small percentage of users but seeing the pledged amount in the local currency it would be great for international users. Of course, one can make the conversion by head, but my intuition is that psychologically is easier just to see the right amount. And it's great for weaker currencies than the US Dollar, seeing 5 USD is not the same as seeing 25 ARS!

Again, this is only relevant for international users, so I don't think it's high priority.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm noticing that, after I derail, my road width gets larger than I would like it to be. For example, I had a graph with a 120pt road width (+60 and -60). I got into the wrong lane and then derailed pretty hard the next day. Between my wrong lane value on the one day and the value that caused me to derail on the next day, my datapoint was +179 from my centre line. When I rerailed my goal, the road width became 358 (+ and - 179 from the centre). This means I can now screw up, DAILY,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It's already been brought up that an option to schedule flat or altered rate days would help with planning vacations and weekends off.

In the meantime, here's an idea:
    - Give us an option in the "advanced" tab that allows us to specify something like "[ ] This is a weekday-only goal" OR
    - This goal applies only on [ ] Mon, [ ] Tues, [ ] Wed......

• Then either:

a) have two sets of numbers that show our minimum to the bottom, centre, top of the road, and make the second set reflect... (below) OR
    b) replace the current…

291 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For newbies who are trying to figure out how to word a goal allow an additional step before clicking Set Goal. Show the goal - the road - etc., and ask the question Is this the goal you want to set? If the answer is No then allow them to go back and revise.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The following is from a user who wants to remain anonymous [note that i think you can also post anonymously by just coming here in a fresh browser session]:

I would like to never weigh more than I do today. I also wouldn't mind losing a bit of weight, but I would like it to happen naturally over time without any strict dieting or goal-setting, and while learning to eat for maintenance. Sometimes I do lose a little without thinking much about it - that's the ideal situation. However, when that happens, I would like the yellow brick road to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Say your goal is to hit the gym 10 times this April.

Get three of your friends to sign up on Beeminder. Just tell them that they'll get an email a few times a week to report their gym attendance.

Then put up 20 bucks each (with your credit cards ideally...or outside of Beeminder could be OK).

And let the games begin!!! Those who stay on the yellow brick road until the end, get the spoils from the quitters.

This feature will increase adherence 100X with the added incentive of trashing your friends, and in my modest opinion, blow up…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Beeminder Android app is very well done, and I work almost exclusively with the phone app rather than the website for data entry. Once enhancement could be that along with reminder options to enter data via email or text message, is to include an option where the app itself triggers the reminder, including a message in the notification bar. Clicking the notification reminder would like to the Beeminder app (or better yet, the specific goal) for data entry.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When looking at my goal overview, I do find the safe day/pledge amounts on each graph to be useful. The light grey on white text, however, is hard to see on most of my monitors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I just reached my target on an odometer-style goal, 9 days ahead of schedule. But the status bar still says "9 days, etc, until Goal Date' and there is a 9 watermark on the graph still. The only thing that looks completed is the yellow status bar on the right hand column.

Something else is in order: an arrow from the last data point that I entered, at the goal value, to the bulls-eye of the target. Simple and on theme!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sometimes I travel or vacation without access to beeminder BUT I still keep up with my goals and habit building. It would be nice to be able to "pause" my goals for a set period and then enter the data when I get back. Then if I kept up with my goal while incommunicado, no harm, and if I fell off the wagon the sting kicks in.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the initial value on the signup screen... it's very very confusing and counterintuitive. It let me put "0" and ruined my goal. :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I just signed up and I've noticed that my weight loss graph has two numbers in outline style on it: "$0" above the YBR, and "10" below it. I can figure out that the $0 is because I don't have a pledge involved, but I haven't been able to make sense of the 10. The legend explains data points, the YBR, the akrasia horizon, the rose-colored dots, the skinny purple line, and the turquoise swath, but not the ghostly text.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I usually see my reminder emails on mobile (e.g. iPhone 5), and the limited screen real estate gives me no information about the goal without opening the email. Currently I can see only:

Subject: {myuserid}/goal on {today 's date} (li
    Body: Reply with new data points for http://bee

All of this information is contextual/default but it does not give me any status info, i.e. how far off track I am in the goal. Would suggest changing the subject line and body to put the "bottom-line up front" (BLUF as they call it in the US Military):

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please improve the performance of the website. Browsing, entering data and (especially) the regeneration of images all very sluggish or outright slow. It spoils a lot of the fun.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?