Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. If each goal had a configurable webhook, I could ask Beeminder to ping a URL of my choosing when I reach an emergency day, or a panic threshold. There are a few ways you could use this. But right now, I am thinking I could use it to trigger something like Twitter or Twillio (with a third-party service like Zapier to receive the webhook).

Very much a "nice-to-have"!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Previously archived goals appear to be placed below the fold when restarted and are excluded from the 'quick add data' sidebar.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If the user has achieved their goal, they shouldn't have to wait 7 days before being allowed to archive it.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Oops, looks like this reverted when we made some other changes to the Archive button. Unmarking this “complete” and eager for more feedback on this — just reply to this email with off-the-cuff reactions or reply publicly on uservoice. Thanks everyone, and sorry for the reversion!

4. The user is able to use 'start fresh' when continuing completed pledgeless goals or restarting archived goals, but apparently not when continuing successfully completed pledge goals.

The 'start fresh' option should be available for all completed goals.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This would be valuable in putting the focus on (finally) handling all those older emails - the ones being postponed for too long - that linger in the inbox.

Another option - which would perhaps be easier to implement - would be to calculate the average age of the remaining emails in the inbox.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I find myself un-checking a lot of "contact me on Mon, Tue, ..." boxes for each new goal when I either will be entering data rarely (weekly) or feel that I will remember to enter my data without reminders.

It would be nice to allow an existing goal to be cloned, carrying over everything except the data points.

(URLs and names would need to be de-duped somehow.. e.g. the time-honored tradition of "Copy of $original_name".)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I import my amount of steps using Fitbit. When above my road, I just see three checkmarks on how much I have to do. I'd like some target value as well though, even when above the road. So if you could add how many steps I'd need to take to have one more safe day, that would be great.

Together with auto retro-ratcheting, this would work quite brilliantly to maintain a good pace, while still allowing yourself to have more buffer than the yellow brick road gives on it's own.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have three contexts in which I work. Work, open source, and personal.These three contexts have separate Gmail inboxes, separate Trello accounts, etc, etc. At the moment, I am also using multiple Beeminder accounts to set goals.

I imagine there are other use cases for wanting separate Beeminder contexts.

It would be handy if the iPhone app allowed you to add multiple accounts. As it is, I have added my personal account only, and check the web for my other accounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The "Do more" goal automatically sums, and is the default goal type. This is right for most of my goals, but for one of them, I selected that and started entering data.

I'd like to change it to not sum, but I don't see where I can do that. Is there a way? And if not, can there be a way?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, only a safety limit is shown. Having been conditioned by the do-more goals to think in terms of safe days, I would like a similar information for set-a-limit goals. Maybe take the safety buffer and divide it by the highest daily amount so far? Obviously this would only be an estimate, but seeing all goals in a single format helps grasping the information in a single glance.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. With the current naming, even while on the green, that countdown timer still sounds like an impending derailment, doom and gloom.

If renamed to "Safe Days" or "Safe Days Accumulated" it would be a positive resource, and would be internalized as such. A great safety buffer with the focus on things done right and achievements completed already, not time running out until an inevitable relapse down the road.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Beeminder already integrates with other services that are similar and some of us might want to have goals and track our progress with learning to code so this would be a great fit- I searched for Codecademy earlier and was Shocked that no one else had suggested this for feedback before...

let's change this!~ :D

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like I have to log into Beeminder once every other day or so, even though I'm a daily visitor. It seems more frequent than on the other sites I stay logged in on. Is there a way to make the logged in state more persistent, so that I only have to re-enter my password once every few weeks or so (or even longer, as far as I'm concerned), the way it is for Gmail and other sites like that?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to get back to my thinner body. When I add data and see my updated graph, I would like the added boost of seeing a visual of what I'm working towards (an uploaded photo of a thin body that I am working to become.)

The image won't mess with my graph; it will only be visible next to my data history (the white box with lines that say 8 26 "comment", etc.), not on the graph itself.

This should be optional of course! But think about the endgame YOU'RE working towards (a fit body, smoke-free lungs, a finished…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A quick add chrome extension so we can add data super quick

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Right now the page has to do a complete refresh (new page request) when you want to switch tabs in the settings area. Better to allow the user to switch tabs freely, say using something like http://jqueryui.com/tabs, and then POST all the data to the server with an AJAX-esque send. Next step would be to put the entire settings operation into a div popover that expands out of the gear icon...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've connected Beeminder to my Fitbit account and am experimenting with tracking a few things. One behaviour is frustrating though: • Beeminder imports historical data from Fitbit (I'm not sure whether it's all data or just a fixed prior period as I've not had my Fitbit for more than 10 days)
    • But… the graph begins only the day before

Since the data has been imported, I would like it to show on the graph, thus providing me with some visual "momentum". Else, why bother importing it?

Of course, if all historical data is imported and someone has been using a service…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The "dial road' functionality in the iOS app shows the goal as a correct "per week" number, but when you modify it and press the "dial-it-in" button, it seems to be interpreted as "per day" quantity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?