Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. Spending a certain amount of time per week with your heart rate around 130 beats a minute is a very common way to discuss low-intensity fitness/weight-loss programs. Tracking this is one of the major reasons I decided to get a fitbit.

Fitbit calculates and exposes this data: https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/heart-rate/

As a web developer I kinda wish there was a beeminder-contrib I could open a pull request on...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Background: I made a new goal with a week of buffer, set a break or two for it, then decided I didn't want the week of buffer and retroratcheted.

I found that retroratchet moved the breaks forward as well. This is a little counterintuitive, at least given the usual use of breaks for vacations/days off. The only break I'd expect to be affected is any break I'm currently on (i.e. if I'm signalling I didn't want to take that break after all).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I often switch between Beeminder and a calculator while entering data: ie. I want to enter 6 sessions of 24 minutes, or however many more locations I've read on a book (ie. I'm now on 2346 and on previous datapoint I was at 2077) odometer goal doesn't cut it, I read several books simultaneously); this is particularly cumbersome on mobile. Let me enter instead "6 * 0:24" and "2346 - 2077".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. there are a lot of people using mooc for enhancing there knowledge.
    but often we sign up for a lot free online course and find it hard to complete it. If beeminder could auto track personal progress in udacity we could have a lot many more people completing these courses. It also eliminates temptation present in manual entry.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sometimes I would like to plan out which days I will do workouts, and check if that schedule will keep me above the yellow brick road every day. At the moment if your plan is something irregular like 3 workouts a week, it is not immediately obvious when/if you will fall below.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like to include custom snippets of text with the email or SMS message that is sent. I'm thinking to use it as sort of a mantra of sorts, or something to cheer me on each day.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The weight loss graph YBR needs to be wider, or configurable. Mine has been 4 lbs wide for several months now, but it's pretty common for me to fluctuate more than that over the course of a day or two, especially if I fast and refeed. I have had to manipulate my YBR to sit above the normal swath of data; what I need to think is "stay the course" when I have a day that's out of series and I know that I've been keeping to the right behavior, not "oh no now what".

This is a stochastic series…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pushover (https://pushover.net) is a service which provides push notification services to other applications.

Would be great for reminders.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When signing up and connecting with RunKeeper, any RunKeeper-integrated goals should be populated with historical data from RunKeeper.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a number of activities I need to do once-a-week. Naturally, I'd like deadlines for these tasks to be uniformly distributed over the week.

Currently I cannot do that easily — I have either to enter them at the right time, or play with the slope over the time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I love the RescueTime-Beeminder alliance - it's magic. I set RescueTime to send Alerts when I've worked 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 hours of Very Productive Time - so when I get tired, I feel good about what I did!

Adding some sort of rewarding Badge or Alert popup/text/email would make Beeminder even more addictive than it currently is. Seeing the graphs is a carrot; losing money is a stick. More carrots is almost always a good idea!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My work and goal are both tracked under the same RescueTime category (Design & Composition). I want to increase my writing time, not track my work (I get my work done). The only way to get the data I need is via the subcategory :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change the initial value on the signup screen... it's very very confusing and counterintuitive. It let me put "0" and ruined my goal. :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The following is from a user who wants to remain anonymous [note that i think you can also post anonymously by just coming here in a fresh browser session]:

I would like to never weigh more than I do today. I also wouldn't mind losing a bit of weight, but I would like it to happen naturally over time without any strict dieting or goal-setting, and while learning to eat for maintenance. Sometimes I do lose a little without thinking much about it - that's the ideal situation. However, when that happens, I would like the yellow brick road to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With the current naming, even while on the green, that countdown timer still sounds like an impending derailment, doom and gloom.

If renamed to "Safe Days" or "Safe Days Accumulated" it would be a positive resource, and would be internalized as such. A great safety buffer with the focus on things done right and achievements completed already, not time running out until an inevitable relapse down the road.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have three contexts in which I work. Work, open source, and personal.These three contexts have separate Gmail inboxes, separate Trello accounts, etc, etc. At the moment, I am also using multiple Beeminder accounts to set goals.

I imagine there are other use cases for wanting separate Beeminder contexts.

It would be handy if the iPhone app allowed you to add multiple accounts. As it is, I have added my personal account only, and check the web for my other accounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In noisy goals, when the latest data point is on or beyond the good side of the road, the border of the graph in the gallery is shown as blue or green, which is supposed to indicate that no matter how bad the next data point will be I won't derail -- but IIRC that's only the case if the data points are on consecutive days. Therefore, I suggest that a noisy goal with no data point for yesterday be shown as orange, to indicate that a sufficiently bad data point today would make me derail.

(While we are at…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am having a problem and there is no where to go to find information that isn't explicitly in the instructions or glossary. You should allow your users to ask and provide information to each other (not to mention sharing successes and failures).

This page (linked from main page as a "feedback forum") really does not a good place for this. It is explicitly for providing suggestions and not for troubleshooting stuff.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?