Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. Like GmailZero but instead of counting messages in the inbox, count the number of items on a task list. Saves me having to count them manually.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make data area more usable. I recently unfroze a goal after a number of months and the recent data with the dd date first just is confusing. This should not have to 1-1 correspond with the data sent to the bot, the later does not need to change.

There could be a configurable date mask as to how to show the info in the date area. E.g. I would choose:
    "dd mmm yy - goal # - message"

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I couldn't find a better place for this. Perhaps the moderators can move it somewhere sensible, or delete if no such place exists?

I wrote a simple script to track total words learned in Memrise which uploads datapoints to Beeminder. You can find it here: https://github.com/beneills/memrise-beeminder

You probably have to be reasonably technical to install it/make it work correctly. I plan to extend this dramatically in future, and it will form the basis of my more general Beeminder daemon. Until then...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to use beeminder to ensure I stay on-track for goals that are due in the short term e.g. < 1 week. For example, I have something due in three days and I need to write 5+ pages a day to finish on-time. It might even be nice if the frequency of the deadlines could be upped from once a day to perhaps 2-3 times a day.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Once you're in the goal view, you could rotate your phone and the graph would come up filling the landscape view.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Previously archived goals appear to be placed below the fold when restarted and are excluded from the 'quick add data' sidebar.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The iPhone app shows me a list of goals, sorted by urgently I need to do something about them, and includes a handy minimum value for the day.

The web dashboard sorts my goals in a similar manner, but there's no display of minimum values. I have to click into each goal to see what the minimum values are.

It would be handy to have this on the web dashboard.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The visibility of a graph should be independently configurable regardless of the success status of a goal. At the moment, you have to reset the goal for the settings panel to become visible, which is the only place where this setting can be changed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Possibly it should be a premium feature? We decided not to make the basic SMS bot a premium feature (based on asking a bunch of people who use the SMS bot) but may Zeno-polling via SMS should be premium, both because it costs us (a tiny bit of) money and to filter out newbees who might enable it unwittingly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I now get three separate emails for the three goals I track, and this can be overwhelming. it would be great if beeminder sent one email with three (or however many for a user's goals) sections that I would fill out and send back.

Thanks for considering it!
    Alex

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm not sure if "scrollable" is the right word but.. I like to look over all my goals, one-by-one, at least once a day. It would be great if I could open the first one and then just click "next" and it would take me to my next goal. this would save me a trip of going back to my homepage, trying to remember which goal I just came from and then proceeding to the next goal.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Assume someone does not want to make progress on work-related goals on Sunday.

Current approach: Let that person build up a buffer from Monday to Saturday.

Problem: True akrasians won't do this. On Monday to Saturday, they will just make enough progress every day to not derail. So the lack of flat sections in the slope (if they are not manually inserted 7 days in advance) encourages truly acratic users to work every day.

One possible solution: Add an option to make the slope flat on selected days of the week.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The easiest use case would be for ramping running mileage whereas maybe I can run 6 miles per week now but want to be able to run 24 miles per week. I'd like to be able to say that I want to run 16 miles per week in 16 weeks and that my weekly mileage will ramp accordingly over the next 20 weeks. Bonus if it'd let me ramp by 10% each week (so it's not a linear increase), i.e. 6 miles week 1, 6.6 miles week 2, 7.26 miles week 3, 14.14 miles week 10, etc.

Could call it…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I lost my Fitbit, and for the first few days I tried manually entering how much I slept, but it kept getting overwritten with 0.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right now, I can set holiday days per-goal, but if I'm going on holiday I want to set all my goals on holiday

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Like to force yourself to add a certain number of pictures per week to Flickr. HT @anomalily

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, anything you do after midnight that causes the graph to refresh that isn't "add a large enough data point" can cause derailment. Just now I went to the website to add a data point to a goal that was about to derail, noted my target needed to be pushed back a week, and used the road dial before I sent the data. This refreshed the graph and derailed me. This is a perverse disincentive. I shouldn't be charged money for adjusting my goal without warning. The fix is simple: any action taken on the website that would cause a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks David! You’re absolutely right and we’ve mainly been slow on this because it’s going to fixed as part of an overhaul we’re working on that will “generalize midnight”, ie, let you pick arbitrary goal deadlines. That’s easier said than done, as you can see from the elaborate spec here: http://expost.padm.us/midnight

Btw, could you help us test how these admin responses work. Can you hit reply to it? It’s supposed to go to support@beeminder.com if you do…

Thanks again!
    The Bee Team

18. Google keep is another lightweight todo list manager where you create checklists and check them off. One simple integration might be to count the number of google keep lists (perhaps filtered by tag) that are completed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let's say I have a fitbit goal to walk 10,000 steps a day.

Then maybe my fitbit breaks, but I find that my phone will count my steps that I take with it through the day, so I want to start entering manually based on that number.

I should be able to go to my goal and switch from using fitbit to update that goal's progress to removing fitbit from the goal and entering it manually.

On the flip side, if I start by entering my steps manually based on the value from my phone, then get a fitbit, I…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please make the units and fine-print for each goal easily viewable from the goal entry page.

I primarily use Beeminder via Android Mobile App. I've established some very specific rules for myself for many of my goals in the fine print. Unfortunately I can't read the fine print for my goals on the Android app, so I sometimes have to guess as to whether or not something qualifies.

For example, I have a goal that requires I complete two pomodoros per per week on a specific project - but because I want to encourage myself to only work on it…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?