General

1. "Quick add data" should report the last entry, right?

But for me it seems to be reporting the second-to-last entry in the view just above the data entry box. It seems logical/necessary to me that it report the last entry so that I know immediately whether I already input "today" entry or not without having to actually load the graph.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have the Beeminder email tell me what lane I'm in from the last datapoint I gave

I have a "stay under the yellow brick road" goal at the moment and the emails that report which part of the yellow brick road I'm on seem to always assume the best (zero) for the current day, telling me, for example, that I'm in the bottom lane when really I'm in the top lane and need to be really careful. It would only be if I did report zero for the current day that I would actually be in the lane the email says I'm in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Android App - Option to leave screen on when the timer is running

Have an option to leave the screen on if the timer is on. Consider making this dependent on being plugged into power.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show time to derailment on the main overview page

Show time to derailment on the main overview page underneath each goal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Don't pester me with emails when I'm on vacation

I set a week off so I could go on vacation without having to worry about my goals, but the email bot reminds me that I am within nine days of derailing and should email it with data, which seems to partially defeat the purpose.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. TagTime - Boolean operators for linking

When linking to goals, it could be useful to have an "AND" operator for choosing when to send a ping to a goal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an option to require data entry at regular intervals

For certain goals like "Keep my weekly restaurant spending below $150", forgetting to make entries is as good as staying below the line.

To prevent accidental or weasely omissions, it would be very useful to specify that data must be entered every X days or somesuch. Failing to do so would cause an emergency day and then failure if data wasn't entered (even if the data was just 0 -- the point is that I actually made the effort to record something)

This would also be useful for weight loss goals.

Currently, I can simulate this facility by creating a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enforce current weight field when setting goal

Ensure that you make the current weight field compulsary. I got through with my current weight as '0' without realising it. Caused me to get very confused indeed. in the end I junked it and started again...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. title

When a title changed on goals, it is not reflected in either the email reminders nor the goal URL. Confusing.
    This also means the Dashboard and Gallery show two different sets of goals - the Gallery is the latest / correct set.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable text benchmarks along my graph

A feature where I can put notes along my graph to signify benchmarks to qualitatively, rather than just quantitatively, see my progress...

For example, if I am trying to lose 100 pounds and set up a Beeminder graph accordingly, it'd be nice to have a note or symbol or any visual/text benchmark at the point in the graph that tells me "10 lbs Lost!"

This breaks up any big goal into benchmarks to steer my graph toward-- rather than just having a bulls-eye somewhere in the distance that I can't even see just starting out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Zeno polling by distance on "do less" goals

For do less goals, the key metric is how many more bad things you can do before derailing. The natural way to implement zeno polling here is by distance, not by deadline time. That is, if you have 10 cigarettes of headroom in the morning, you should be Zeno polled when 5 are recorded, then again at 7.5, 8.25 and so on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ask for a reason when archiving a goal

Currently, archiving a goal triggers an 'are you sure?' modal box, and that's it. What if there was an optional feedback prompt after archiving that asked why you were archiving the goal? I'm thinking of radio buttons: 'I completed this goal', 'I'm not interested anymore', 'Other', and a text box.

This is valuable information for you guys. I recently archived three goals that led to me landing an awesome job, and I'd like for my success to correlate to my Beeminding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Get Rescue Time to release sub category level data

It is vital, in order to track a goal that is worked on through different mediums/platforms, to have the transparency at a sub-category level within the fixed categories built in Rescue time.
    I feel it is within your interest to have this in Beeminder.
    I'm currently struggling to set a pledge on my abs goal, simply because I use 2 apps to set my daily trainings.
    Rescue Time and Beeminder are the perfect combination! Really!!! I don't even want to think of the poor alternative of manual input!

Hope you can make it happen!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expose the additional twitter integration functionality (count retweets; do less) and/or allow do more of normal tweets only.

I retweet plenty. I want to make sure I do my own original tweets.

My ideal would be a do more of only normal tweets, but as you have a do less and retweets only already implemented (according to http://blog.beeminder.com/twitter/ ), a work around for me would be combine a general do more with a retweet do less, if you exposed the functions.

Also, twitter is missing from https://www.beeminder.com/start

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Entering negative values on weight loss form is not very intuitive.

I find the weightloss interface a bit non-intuitive. Even though it says weightLOSS at the top entering a weekly value as a for pounds you wish to lose as creates a weight gain scenario. It was apparent to me that I needed to enter a negative number, but it was something I had to think about. It would be more appropriate IMHO if you provided some radio buttons or something to change from weight loss/gain

http://cl.ly/1l0g193a253j1z2z311U

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide greater contrast for the day/dollar amounts in the graphs or at least color options.

When looking at my goal overview, I do find the safe day/pledge amounts on each graph to be useful. The light grey on white text, however, is hard to see on most of my monitors.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a waterfall planner

I just spent a few minutes figuring out when I need to start working on each goal (in the worst case where I haven't added any more to it than was needed to not derail yesterday). I needed to find some dead time for a new goal.

I suggest you add a table somewhere that shows all of a user's goals, their deadlines, the last possible time to start on them, and any "free time". This would only work for time based goals, of course. It'd make it easier to set up waterfalls, which are a good idea that is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow batch-archiving of goals from "Your Goals" page

Right now, unless I'm missing something, I have to archive each graph individually, and the process is laborious. I would like to archive ALL of my old graphs. Please give us the functionality to select multiple graphs and archive them all at once. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base