Skip to content

General

General

Categories

35 results found

1. Current server side implementation is slow, render the graphs using html5 canvas (all mayor browsers support it). You can also add interactivity to the graph this way (see: github network graph).

If you need any help or have any doubts with the implementation, let me know.

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m closing this to free up votes since there’s a similar suggestion that’s now the top item. Really useful comments here though that we’re discussing. Thanks everyone!

2. It is frustrating that one single weigh-in, unusually high for whatever reason, can derail the entire goal and freeze my graph. I LOVE the purple line, and its position within the yellow brick road is what I plan to monitor. I wish the purple line average, and not that individual day's weigh-in, was the determining factor for whether I'm in the right or wrong lane, or above or below the road. An unusually high weigh-in (above the road) would affect the purple line, but most likely not enough to derail within one day. At least it would be nice to…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a 'global break' feature

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For example, calories consumed/burned in addition to weight.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our current focus on commitment contracts we like the simplicity of just one thing per graph. There’s probably a way to have the best of both worlds but we’re putting this on the back burner till we think of how. Ideas welcome, as always!

5. Weight goals driven by the scale can be frustrating because daily variations wildly out-weigh the actual day to day weight lost or gained. In other words, most days you're measuring water. A moving average (with, e.g. more weight on recent days but summing over the last 10 -- see The Hacker Diet) offers a much more realistic view of the weight lost.

Beeminder already has the turquoise swath etc. for this, but - as far as I can see - I can't use those data points as the actual beeminder target value so have to worry about arbitrary fluctuations messing…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a goal type that combines "do more" and "do less", The idea is to keep the datapoints at a specific rate without deviating too much in either direction. This is useful for things where too little is just as bad as too much, for example hours of sleep per day.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I use beeminder to incentize my study time and sometimes I take care of 4 hours worth of class material and don't have to do anything with that class for a couple days. I'd like to only be reminded via text or email if that task enters the organge or red zone and not get notices telling my over the road I am.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have about nine archived goals from a "false start" with Beeminder last year.

I'm giving Beeminder a fresh start, and so I have some goals that now have money riding on them. However, on the Android app, I see all my goals -- archived and not.

It'd be great if the Android app would decline to show me the archived goals.

Also/alternately if you release the source code to the Android app, then I could see about fixing this myself.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice to have the countdown timer for my least safe goal displayed on my user page (above all the graphs). This would make it easy to check the site quickly and see what my highest priority should be.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Alice: We practically have this already! Just look at the color of the top graph, since the graphs are sorted by least-safe-ness.

Dreeves: One monkey wrench in Alice’s proposal to just glance at the color of the first graph is that we let you customize the panic threshold for changing the sort order, so the top graph could actually be green when others are red. Alice is still probably right that it suffices to look for any red graphs. We’d love more feedback about this though, if you’re still finding it tedious to check on what your most critical goals are.

11. If an option is turned on, a number representing the daily total each day is displayed next to the goal.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When entering data, if the user includes just one value instead of two, assume the value is for the current day. This is simpler than the current shortcut for this, which is the ^ symbol, I believe?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. -- Of course, you will also want to suggest in the README that people increase the value of $gap in settings.pl once they've got the hang of TagTime.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We really do need to make TagTime friendlier for new users – but I’m worried this would result in lots of people not changing it at all. Maybe we should add a tutorial that automatically ends?

14. Allow higher starting fees

I want the added pressure of real money loss hanging over my head - if I didn't I wouldn't be here. I've been nailing my weight loss goal for 2.5 months (Yay me! But, I just got dumped, so... we'll see. Also, helooo ladies!), but I want to get hit with $25 or so if I miss, not $5 the first time and then some high-school algebra lesson the second time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can totally have a higher pledge amount for the low, low price of $15! :) Namely, chalk up the initial $5 and $10 derailments to the cost of the service and then you’ll be at $30 like you really want.

It sounds tongue-in-cheek but that’s in fact exactly our business model. We make almost all our money on the $5 and $10 derailments. People seem happy to pay those as part of the cost of figuring out realistic goals, and then it gets actually motivating, which of course is where the real value of Beeminder is.

Very eager to hear more feedback about this. Would it feel a lot better to just pay a monthly subscription and then be able to choose your pledge amount? (We’ve been talking about doing that for a long time but have been experimenting with the way the pledge schedule works instead.)

15. Intermittant reinforment is what makes gambling addictive, i suggest the ability to make beeminder goals punish you intermittantly, sometimes taking money when you derail and sometimes not.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Especially for "chunky" activities, I don't want daily emails, but I do want a reminder email if I'm in danger of getting off my road!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A Do More goal that will pick a random entry from a list of user defined
    entries. The next derailment for that goal will be based on the user completing the task described by that entry.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The moral sting of money going to a bad cause seems like a good disincentive (regardless of the rationality behind it, I'd probably feel worse about $1 going to a really bad charity, than merely losing $5). It would be good if you could have the option of adding that an additional 10-20% of your pledge amount should go to a selected anti-charity, or there's simply a fixed amount e.g. $5-20 that goes to the anti-charity each time in addition to the money pledged.

Pros:
    - this doesn't incentivize failing in the way that giving to a 'good' charity would…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote