Skip to content

General

General

Categories

6 results found

1. With 30 datapoints its no big deal, but I have looking at lots of stuff here and when there is years of data on a graph, it gets pretty cluttered and difficult to see where you are in relation to the road. Only relevant for relatively long term goals or recording I guess, but some that have been around a while are tough to see.

291 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Working on this! And we should emphasize that the specific problem is now solved (see x-min etc in graph settings) but it will be much nicer when you can just pan and zoom visually.

2. Could there be folders for certain goals so I can keep them all straight? I'd like a "Health" folder where I could log workouts, odometer readings, macronutrients splits eaten over the week, etc. A "Study" folder to keep track of the time spent on school, and a "Hobbies" folder so I could track things like time spent on reading outside of class, practicing an instrument, or time spent other self improvement goals.

257 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

“Started” may be an exaggeration but this no longer seems hard and is bubbling to the top of the list of priorities…

Rough sketch of the plan: Put the countdown to next derailment next to or in place of the “bob is minding” heading, which avoids the problem of someone accidentally burying an eep goal. And then kill frontburner/backburnering. And then add tags and sorting by whatever you like — tag, time-to-derailment, pledge, goalname. For tags you could specify in the url, like bmndr.com/bob/tag/foo (same as the blog).

3. Right now if you go to http://beeminder.com as a logged in user you still see the standard landing page with sign-up/login calls to action. IMO It would be much better if a logged in user was redirected to their dashboard.

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, anything you do after midnight that causes the graph to refresh that isn't "add a large enough data point" can cause derailment. Just now I went to the website to add a data point to a goal that was about to derail, noted my target needed to be pushed back a week, and used the road dial before I sent the data. This refreshed the graph and derailed me. This is a perverse disincentive. I shouldn't be charged money for adjusting my goal without warning. The fix is simple: any action taken on the website that would cause a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks David! You’re absolutely right and we’ve mainly been slow on this because it’s going to fixed as part of an overhaul we’re working on that will “generalize midnight”, ie, let you pick arbitrary goal deadlines. That’s easier said than done, as you can see from the elaborate spec here: http://expost.padm.us/midnight

Btw, could you help us test how these admin responses work. Can you hit reply to it? It’s supposed to go to support@beeminder.com if you do…

Thanks again!
    The Bee Team

5. Change the initial value on the signup screen... it's very very confusing and counterintuitive. It let me put "0" and ruined my goal. :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Email settings for Backburnered/completed/failed goals should appear in a section at the bottom of the page.

Or else, perhaps active goals should be highlighted in some way whether by order or colour or something else.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?