Skip to content

General

General

Categories

146 results found

1. When I create a goal, I'd like to be able to specify the details of what counts and what doesn't. The standard Beeminder Contract includes a "fine print" section, but there is nowhere to actually specify that fine print.

When creating the goal, I know what I want the fine print to be. Three months from now, when I will be tempted to weasel, it would be good to have a place which reminds me the rules I set for myself

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Specify a Twitter handle (which need not be one you own) and optionally a hashtag. Every time a tweet is tweeted from the given Twitter handle with the given hashtag, add 1 to your Beeminder graph (with the tweet text as the Beeminder comment).

Since a lot of services have auto-tweet functionality, you can then trivially beemind any of them.

See also: http://beeminder.uservoice.com/forums/3011-general/suggestions/3312741-integrate-with-rss-allow-creating-a-goal-from-an-

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Personally I'd find it very useful to be able to scan through all my goals in the order of how close I am to losing; so I can make sure to put effort into those ones which are most urgent.

It doesn't take too long to check through, so I wouldn't consider this urgent, but it would be a handy feature.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is how the gallery is sorted now, and you can customize it slightly by changing the panic threshold for goals. (The gallery is sorted by how imminent the panic thresholds are.)

4. It would be great if Beeminder could integrate with Harvest (great time tracking, invoicing and billing software) to allow the automatic updating of time spent on certain tasks or projects. It would be most useful if you could manually select more than one task to contribute data points to a single beeminder graph/goal based on the time spent doing them.

What do you think?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I realized that the goal that I set for myself is too low and doesn't provide enough of an incentive. What I'd like to do is to increase my contract amount without actually falling off the yellow brick road.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This would be especially valuable for me in that my Gmail Snooze program -- http://messymatters.com/snooze -- lets me weasel too much on my GmailZero goal. I want to mind the total number of messages in my inbox or snoozed to reappear in my inbox.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's currently free to start on a yellow brick road. If you go off you have to put $5 at risk to reset and try again. If you go off again then you have to put $10 at risk to try a third time. Then $30, then $90, etc.

Details at http://beeminder.com/money

But if you know from the start that 5 or 10 dollars isn't going to be very motivating, you should be able to jump straight to something that is.

This is one way in which stickK.com currently beats Beeminder: If you're gung ho to force yourself to shape…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now commit anytime (i.e. without first losing) and jump up to a higher level on the fee schedule if you so choose. The fee schedule still sets the lower bound on how much you must commit if you drive off your road.

8. Beeminder is working for me. It's working really well. However I know that once my number of goals grows larger, so does the cost of reporting and cognitively tracking those goals.

I'd love to see a page which simply lists all my goals, and how many days of safety buffer I have on each. Then I can immediately tell how long it is before I have to vacuum the floor, publish some photos, write some slides, do the laundry, or whatever other infrequent "do more" tasks I'm tracking. There's no need for graphs here, just a list of goals, preferably…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As weight loss/gain ultimately happens if there is a calorie surplus/deficit over the long run, I'd really like to integrate with the Fitbit Foodplan goal.

Specifically, I want to have a goal so I can specify that I want to have a deficit of x calories per day.
    If I track my consumed calories with fitbit, my daily score is (calories consumed) - (calories burned).
    If I do not track my consumed calories with fitbit, my daily score is 0.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is very similar to the RetroRatchet idea, and it is trying to combat the same problem (too much safety buffer), but I believe a simple cap on the safety buffer (which has been suggested in the RetroRatchet thread) is the better solution.

So for example, I have a goal to go cycling 50km/week, but I don't want to do that all in one day because I want to make a habit out of it, then I could put the cap at two or three days of safety buffer. Then if I cycle 50km in one day, the safety buffer…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If I have a goal of at least 10 widgets per day, but for the first week happen to do 20 widgets per day, I am able to take a weeks break without danger.

For many goals this is undesirable - I may want to do "strictly at least 10 every day" and not "an average of at least 10 in a 2 week period".

I suggest either/or:
    (i) A button to "raise" the road to your current progress, so that you lose your accumulated buffer. (Perhaps this is already implemented/suggested, but I cant find anything)

(ii) Set up goals…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I can't find much info about this feature, except that one can send data to import@beeminder.com. Presumably it determines your identity by origin email address. If there's no other other auth then this is insecure, since I can masquerade as another user with publicly available. Information.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. the current widget requires you painstakingly create a widget for each goal. once you have more than 3 or 4, this is a huge pain! could you make a widget that shows all goals at once (preferably scrollable)? it could be a list or a quilt of the regular widgets (or both!).

the evernote widgets would be an example of how it could be displayed (grid & list).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I feel bad that I haven't paid anything for the site (strangely, not enough to donate, but happy to pay a regular price). I don't expect I ever will pay you very much, and yet I'm using the site a lot, getting a lot of value.

Heck, I paid habitforge $10 for a year!

After someone has 3 goals up and running and they've been here for a month or so, ding 'em for $20 / year.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've been using Zapier a lot lately, and it's a quick and easy way to integrate with services. Although Beeminder native integrations work perfectly, it would be great to be able to connect it with the 200+ services available on Zapier.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After all, uservoice uses it automatically :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve done this now! The default profile picture is Gravatar if you have one.

(If you’ve submitted a profile picture already, it will stay as it is, but you can remove it)

19. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. E.g. if I have 18.0043 units to do in a goal, it shows as 18 todo. Then if I do 18, I expect it to be done but the goal sill shows 0.0043 todo.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?