Skip to content

General

General

Categories

348 results found

1. You should get in touch with udacity.com and coursera.org to find ways of auto-tracking a person's progress in the courses offered on those sites. Udacity.com in particular seems a good fit, as they have a consistent method of course structure. My first goal is to do daily coursework in courses I'm registered in. Auto-tracking would eliminate manual entry on Beeminder, and would eliminate the temptation to cheat if I make a pledge.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have many goals tracking the amount of time I spend on a certain task or activity. It's super great that I can enter data in h:mm or m:ss format, but I'd like to be able to see my entered data and "bare min" counters in that format as well. For example, right now the goal page might say something like +0.66 to get back on the road; I have to open up a calculator and multiply by 60 to see that means 40 minutes. I want beeminder to do this multiplication for me. =)

The idea would be to…

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Endomondo is a top rated activity tracker that works across almost all platforms. Would love to have beeminder functionality work with this app (though there's crossover between fitbit and endomondo, it won't work as I would prefer :)

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We should be able to have goals within goals.

Let's say my goal is "be a week ahead on all my classwork."

It would be nice to be able to say, "JAVA: The complete reference; finish unit 1 in 10 days" or "Differential Equations exam, have 50 study sessions before final exam".

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you thinking just in terms of grouping related goals together? We did recently add a very crude approximation of that: you can now partition goals into those you currently care about and those you don’t currently care about.

5. I'm measuring how many hours of sleep I get, and I have set a goal rate of 53/week. I'd like to increase my target rate since I am always above the road. But since I can't see how many hours of sleep I am currently getting in a week, it's harder to calibrate my goal rate to an ambitious but realistic level.

Showing actual rates would allow users to compare their performance with their goal more easily.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Say your goal is to hit the gym 10 times this April.

Get three of your friends to sign up on Beeminder. Just tell them that they'll get an email a few times a week to report their gym attendance.

Then put up 20 bucks each (with your credit cards ideally...or outside of Beeminder could be OK).

And let the games begin!!! Those who stay on the yellow brick road until the end, get the spoils from the quitters.

This feature will increase adherence 100X with the added incentive of trashing your friends, and in my modest opinion, blow up…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I import my amount of steps using Fitbit. When above my road, I just see three checkmarks on how much I have to do. I'd like some target value as well though, even when above the road. So if you could add how many steps I'd need to take to have one more safe day, that would be great.

Together with auto retro-ratcheting, this would work quite brilliantly to maintain a good pace, while still allowing yourself to have more buffer than the yellow brick road gives on it's own.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. At least show your most critical goal on the watch face.

Possibly allow sending a +1 from the watch.

Or use the accelerometer for beeminding physical activity automatically, like a fitbit.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Beeminder already integrates with other services that are similar and some of us might want to have goals and track our progress with learning to code so this would be a great fit- I searched for Codecademy earlier and was Shocked that no one else had suggested this for feedback before...

let's change this!~ :D

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've also heard good things about hellowallet.com

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Day One is a hugely popular iOS/Mac journaling app... would love for Beeminder to track whether I am journaling every day.

Alternatively, any super easy journal app tracking. I suppose I could keep my journal in Draft, but I track that for other writing!

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be so tasty!

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If the user has achieved their goal, they shouldn't have to wait 7 days before being allowed to archive it.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Oops, looks like this reverted when we made some other changes to the Archive button. Unmarking this “complete” and eager for more feedback on this — just reply to this email with off-the-cuff reactions or reply publicly on uservoice. Thanks everyone, and sorry for the reversion!

15. I signed up for several goal management sites to see which one suited my needs best. I've chosen a different site for its journalling focus, but I can't seem to find where I delete this account? I hate cyber-clutter!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Beeminder and Lift.do have very different approaches to habit formation; both have strengths and I have found the benefits to be pretty much orthogonal to one another. Some may think of them as competitors, but I hope they think of each other as siblings. :)

Lift.do motivates me to consistently track habits that occur several times each week because of its attractive design and ease of use. The motivation and learning that results from the its social aspects (comments; props; notes) also keep me coming back to the app.

HOWEVER, the habits/data that I generate with lift.do would be much…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The best web app I've found for keeping track of Pomodoro-technique work intervals is this:
    http://www.pomodorowebapp.com/
    ... and it's honestly pretty sad. There's almost no interesting display of statistics, and you can't customize the work/break interval lengths!

As such, becoming the best online Promodoro timer/counter is low-hanging fruit. On the other hand, know lots of folks using Beeminder to track their Pomodoros...

Adding an ever-so-slightly customizable Pomodoro timer to your site could corner a new market segment, bring people to your site, and make things easier for existing users ;)

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's nice to have the yellow brick road and know what I need to do to keep from losing my goal, but it would also be nice to have a linear estimate of the purple "average" line or the turquoise swath (maybe only over the last N days?) so you can tell how fast you are actually going.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good idea, and not hard to do. We’re just a little worried about cluttering things. We already sometimes hear complaints that it’s trying to throw too much information at you. We’re willing to be convinced though. We’d love to hear more about how you’d use that info. (Counter-argument: For most people, they’re either just managing to stay on their yellow brick road, or they go way off it. Knowing the rate of the YBR itself usually suffices.)

19. My problem is that RescueTime goals are measuring unproductive time or productive time on the computer, and my goals for computer time each week can vary greatly depending on what's going on in my life. For me, the ratio of unproductive time to productive time would be a more useful measure. Essentially, no matter how many hours I am spending on the computer each week, I don't want more than x% of the time to be unproductive.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've observed a minor bug in the way the Beeminder iOS app is handling dates.

Let's say it's 20 Feb and I enter the following data:
    20 0.5
    This immediately shows up in the list of data points as:
    21 0.5
    The graph is drawn correctly and back on the website the graph and data points are correct, but the list in the iOS app is always off by one day (with the date listed as one day ahead).

This may possibly have something to do with the fact that I'm in Australia – a time zone issue.

It's not…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?