Skip to content

General

General

Categories

146 results found

1. ... so I don't have to manually reconfigure my graph 1 week before holidays and birthdays and set it back later. I'd like to spend some time in a setup session getting the graph just right and then not have to think about it for the long haul.

261 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. At the moment, when I create a custom goal with a current value of 200 and a target of 10, subsequent data points which are greater than 200 are green instead of red.

Alternative solutions:

• the custom-goal creation dialog compares the current value to the target value, if if the current value is greater than the target value, establish it as a countdown goal.

• have three custom goals name "Countdown Custom", "Countup Custom", "Flat Custom" [people in weight-maintenance mode will like flat custom"]

I am about to experiment with negative numbers to see if that works.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After the graph has been unfrozen, the historical data gets erased from the graph and it starts from scratch again. While I understand that a user might not want to see how they've failed, i'm often proud of the progress i've made up to that point, and I want to keep the data on the graph (not on the "historical graph" page). It should be an option, at least.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can't find much info about this feature, except that one can send data to import@beeminder.com. Presumably it determines your identity by origin email address. If there's no other other auth then this is insecure, since I can masquerade as another user with publicly available. Information.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Am I missing something... is Beeminder not very good at handling goals that are "do such and such every day"?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In contrast, I have installed and test-driven RescueTime 3 times over the years.

One reason I like TagTime better is that unlike RescueTime, it TagTime does not cancel shutdown if I forget to stop it before I try to shut down my OS X machine.

Another reason I like it is that unlike RescueTime, it does not hide my data from me: TagTime has a file, called richard.log where "richard" is whatever your user name is, with all my data in it in a very simple format.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If I have made a mistake entering a data point, I'd like to fix it after I entered it (maybe only within a certain time window).

I'm thinking something like interactive rebase in Git:
    http://technosorcery.net/blog/2010/02/07/fun-with-the-upcoming-1-7-release-of-git-rebase---interactive---autosquash/

i.e. entering:
    21 100 "donation to xyz"
    21 25 "fixup! donation to xyz"

would end up as:
    21 125 "donation to xyz"

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from the Data tab.

Let us know if you meant that there should be a way to do it via the bot.

Actually, for the common case of Do More goals you can do exactly what you show in your example, since Do More goals are auto-summed.

PS: I think this note goes out as email to everyone who subscribed to this idea. Can someone confirm that you can reply to it and that goes to support@beeminder.com? Thanks!

8. I feel bad that I haven't paid anything for the site (strangely, not enough to donate, but happy to pay a regular price). I don't expect I ever will pay you very much, and yet I'm using the site a lot, getting a lot of value.

Heck, I paid habitforge $10 for a year!

After someone has 3 goals up and running and they've been here for a month or so, ding 'em for $20 / year.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently, goals just sort of go on forever. When using Beeminder for tracking one-time goals, the goal list can become cluttered with old goals. The only way to remove a goal from the main window[1] is to individually remove all of the data points, then delete the goal itself.

[1] There is an "X" button, but it just moves the goal to the bottom, it doesn't hide it.

124 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. At the moment I have to go through each goal and enter my data on its individual page. I would like a single page where I could enter new data for all of my goals quickly at once at the end of the day.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be helpful to me if the data entry box on the website had today's date already in it, or I'd the grey example text had today's day of month. When typing on an iPhone I have to switch back to the number keyboard after I hit the spacebar and this is slightly annoying. Also, perhaps something that could be easily fixed with a dedicated mobile app.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm tracking running with beeminder (to make sure I get in 1200 miles in a year), and it would be awesome if I could just connect up RunKeeper or DailyMile, like you can connect up the Withings account now. RunKeeper specifically has a pretty highly publicised API at http://developer.runkeeper.com/healthgraph, and DailyMile has one too with docs at http://www.dailymile.com/api

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For a cumulative total graph, I need to report "^ 0" in order to update the goal stats if I haven't already reported anything. It would be cool if this updated automatically — or are there cases where the current behavior is preferable?

Reporting "^ 0" also produces a data point where it might be nice to automatically have a phantom data point, once yesterday is over.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When a goal becomes complete, you can continue but your data is hidden away as history. I know we can contact you to have it re-shown, but it would be kind of nice if you could decide at any time (even during active goals) how much history you'd like to see. After enough time passes, your data points get very tiny in order to be able to show all the dates.

So, I propose having a button/setting that allows you to choose from options like show all data, last month, last 2 months...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let's say that I have a goal of cycling 50km/week. If my goal is to get into the habit of cycling regularly, then I don't want to allow myself to cycle all 50km in one day, and slack off for the rest of the week. However I do want to report my distances accurately to Beeminder, and I do want cycling 50km in a day to be perfectly okay.

What I'd love is for Beeminder to put a cap on how much effort can be applied each day. Perhaps I've cycled 50km, but only the first 15km of each day…

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Building up a safety buffer can be great but sometimes you have too much safety buffer and your yellow brick road becomes pretty toothless for a while. Especially if you had the steepness set too conservatively at first.

So let's have a feature where, when a flash of willpower strikes, you can make your road harder immediately and wipe out the safety buffer. (It's still important to have the one-week delay on making the road easier, for the reasons discussed at http://blog.beeminder.com/dial )

One way to do this is a RetroRatchet button that makes the yellow brick road retroactively…

212 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RetroRatchet is here! We’re now working on a version where you can choose how much to ratchet. This version is fully hardcore, making the road leap to wherever your datapoint is today.

17. When BeeMinder sends me a reminder, it does not show me the amount I have pledged. I have >20 goals set up so I don't always remember how much money is at stake for any single goal. It would be great if the reminder contained not only the URL and the safe days, but also the money that is at stake if I miss the deadline.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sometimes I don't wish to do more of something, I just wish to keep doing it everyday, like working on my thesis for at least 2 hours. I didn't find an easy way of setting up this goal on beeminder.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is very much our fault that this isn’t clear but this is exactly what a “Do More” goal does. You tell it you want to spend 14 hours/week or however much and Beeminder holds you to that. You can increase or decrease the rate as you go.

If you literally want to do something every single day without exception indefinitely then you might prefer a Don’t-break-the-chain (aka Seinfeld hack) app — ideas at http://blog.beeminder.com/trackhack — but here’s why we think Beeminder is better:

The Seinfeld hack is great once you have a long chain built up. But once you do break the chain, all the motivation it provided bursts like a bubble. You’ve got to somehow motivate yourself to build up another long chain to not break. Until then you’re on a “one more day won’t matter” slippery slope of sloth.

19. I want to be "off the grid" for a few days. But if I don't enter data, I'll fall off the road! I would like a way to tell the minder that it should not judge me for n days. Then I can enter in what I did during that time.

It's not that I don't plan on meeting the goal, I just won't get a chance to enter data!

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now have the scheduled breaks feature, which isn’t quite what Eric has in mind here, but combined with Retroratchet you can pretty much do this now. We have something even better in mind that will hopefully make all this moot, but it’s still half baked.

PS: I’m not entirely sure these uservoice status update emails are working the way we want them to. Could you reply if you’re seeing this, just so we can get a sense?

20. [UPDATE: This is all now totally different from what's described here; you should probably ignore this whole suggestion. In particular there's nothing that happens if you delete all your datapoints, and archived goals are viewable, just not in your main gallery.]

Currently you only get the option to delete a goal if you first delete [no, not true! we told you to ignore all this!] every data point, which is obviously too tedious.

We need to address that better but here's what's holding us back, in case people have thoughts on it:

1. It's sort of against the spirit of a…

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This could use work but I think it’s best to mark this completed so people can have their votes back. If you still want, say, true deletion, or improvements to archiving (like being able to actually see your archived goals!) we’ll let you add those as separate suggestions.

• Don't see your idea?