Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. Most applications I use accept European regional settings, but Beeminder does not. It would be nice to be able to use the comma as a decimal separator instead of the dot.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If I am going on a holiday, I have to schedule breaks individually in all my beeminder goals. I would like the ability to "mass add" breaks in all my goals by specifying a from date & to date for all my goals in one place.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can change the goal name to be meaningful to me, but can't change the URL. For instance, I started my exercise regiment using an elliptical, so set the URL as /elliptical. I have since branched out into other forms of exercise, so have changed the name to "cardio", but my Beeminder Widget still says elliptical and there's no way to change it (as far as I can see).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I was on Duolingo this morning (at about 8:30 EST). Duolingo updated Beeminder automatically at 9:31 (not sure time zone). At 9:40am EST I get a reminder email to go to Duolingo, which tells me in the body of the message that I already hit my target today. Could the reminders only send out if data hasn't already happened, especially for the automatic trackers like Duolingo? I like the reminder, but a reminder so soon after hitting target is just junk mail.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to practice my presentation skills by recording presentations and posting them to youtube. I would like to beemind the number of minutes of new video that I post to youtube.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is vital, in order to track a goal that is worked on through different mediums/platforms, to have the transparency at a sub-category level within the fixed categories built in Rescue time.
    I feel it is within your interest to have this in Beeminder.
    I'm currently struggling to set a pledge on my abs goal, simply because I use 2 apps to set my daily trainings.
    Rescue Time and Beeminder are the perfect combination! Really!!! I don't even want to think of the poor alternative of manual input!

Hope you can make it happen!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When creating a goal, I entered a unit. Now I want to use the "rescale" feature, and I'd like to also change the unit. I could not find such an option anywhere in the settings. (Or is the Y-axis label - which can be changed - the only place this is really used?)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Let's say I have a fitbit goal to walk 10,000 steps a day.

Then maybe my fitbit breaks, but I find that my phone will count my steps that I take with it through the day, so I want to start entering manually based on that number.

I should be able to go to my goal and switch from using fitbit to update that goal's progress to removing fitbit from the goal and entering it manually.

On the flip side, if I start by entering my steps manually based on the value from my phone, then get a fitbit, I…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow people to pre-commit money on a once-off or monthly basis. Then, at the end of a preset period, process that donation in proportion to the amount of time you were meeting or exceeding your goal requirements.

I already donate a regular amount of my salary to charity, and sometimes get a windfall (e.g. tax return) that I donate on a once off basis. However, I would like to be able to stake this money on performance against my goals. If I have a good month, all the money goes to charity. If I derail a couple of times (say,…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice to have the graph reset the nominal amount of units reported to zero (or a given number) so you improve weekly performance. Say I'm only focusing on how I'm doing this week—checking Beeminder could tell me only how many times I've derailed this week, while maintaining the cumulative total for pricing. So if I had to pay $30 last week, on Sunday my counter resets to zero, but derailing this week will still charge me $90. It would be helpful mentally for focusing on performance and not feeling defeated by previous performance, and would be optional.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For several of my goals, I am measuring units of work which must be entered as integers (e.g. changing my dyson vacuum filters, calling my uncle, or ice cubes fed to my orchid).

Beeminder doesn't know I can't do less than 1 of these, so it tells me that I need to call my uncle 0.0011 times in the next 18 days, or that I need to change my vacuum filters 0.011 times in the next 9 days.

With the setting I am suggesting, Beeminder would display "1 in the next X days" for these types of goals.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1000 calories = 1 kcal = 1 Calorie. Maybe not the world's best convention, but convention nonetheless. Uppercase Calories are what nutrition labels and exercise apps refer to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If I'm deleting a goal and I have a week of safety buffer, I should be able to delete it immediately. I wouldn't have to enter anything for the next week anyway without derailing, so it's just taking up space and irritating me without forcing me to do anything for another week.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to sort datapoints based on the comment on them. For example, I have a goal for music playing, but I play multiple instruments, so being able to see how much time I have spent on each instrument based on the comment would be great.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to be able to trim the buffer on my do less goal by how much buffer I have rather than how much time till I derail. This is both because the "how much time to derail" measure is kinda meaningless for them and because it lacks the fine grained control I need.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On my iPhone, whether in the goal listing view or when viewing any one goal, every graph appears identically as it did from the moment of goal creation over two weeks ago. =-(

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Putative bug: The Expiration month on the add payment form defaults to the current month.

Expected behaviour: The month should default to 1, as is the case with 99.31416% of other sites' forms. It is odd to have to consider what the current month is and so which direction to arrow up or down to, especially since the current month is not visibly related to likely expiration month.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to be able to make a goal which automatically looks at the status of my other beeminders to automatically determine status of the metabeeminder goal.

Allow the user to select from options such as sum of goal values, number of on-track beeminders, or number of derailments. Then allow the user to select which of their beeminder goals are included.

As an example of a case I would use it for, I lift weights. I have a beeminder which I use to keep track of the total weight of my bench press, deadlift, and squat. I fill it in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote