General

1. Android App - Option to leave screen on when the timer is running

Have an option to leave the screen on if the timer is on. Consider making this dependent on being plugged into power.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add beeminder as a trigger in zapier integration

Currently zapier integration allows me to feed a goal with data from other service. However, I would like to use beeminder as a trigger for something else. Possible uses: I keep a diary with beeminder and when I log sometihing new in my "daily goal" I wouldl like to let idonethis now, or update a database with a value, etc. Also, another use of this is to get a productivity buddy: when my buddy inputs new data to beeminder, I can get instantly notified so I can check in and actually see if he is lying or weasling.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Romance me a bit

You've got "Add a credit card" up there. Yeah good. GOOD FOR YOU! As a business you've totally forgotten WIIFM (what's in it for me). I will probably NEVER give you a credit card, because... I sense you care about your interests before mine. Try to wine and dine me before you try to fuck me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the OAuth2 tokens non-expiring

Currently, even if the user doesn't revoke an application (I know, because it's my app and I didn't revoke me!) every so often (months probably) the OAuth2 access token stops working. Now, given the OAuth2 spec, access tokens are generally meant to have a finite lifespan, but that's why we've usually got a refresh token, which can then be used to generate new access tokens, but the OAuth2 for Beeminder doesn't seem to supply those...

I'd really like apps to just keep working once a user authorises them, unless they explicitly remove them. Having tokens just *die* with no user…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug: Time left box blank on initial page render

When I view a goal on the webapp the green/blue/(maybe other colours if I'm bad?) "time left" box is just a solid field devoid of text, until I add data, at which point it populates with the text of the countdown, briefly showing the pre-addition-of-data-time and then immediately updating to the post-addition time.

I presume this is a bug. The expected behaviour would be to show the countdown on initial page render even before any action is taken on the page.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please integrate with LiftApp

I'm already entering habbits on LiftApp - i'd like to see that graphed and get the beeminder motivations.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: Add payment process bombs out w/o noting any error

I've tried adding an initial credit card on Chrome, IE, and Firefox without success. The form hits your server and then refreshes the form ab initio, i.e. resetting all fields to their defaults/blank. Importantly, it displays no error message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. TagTime - Boolean operators for linking

When linking to goals, it could be useful to have an "AND" operator for choosing when to send a ping to a goal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Accept different regional settings

Most applications I use accept European regional settings, but Beeminder does not. It would be nice to be able to use the comma as a decimal separator instead of the dot.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enter mass break for all goals at one go

If I am going on a holiday, I have to schedule breaks individually in all my beeminder goals. I would like the ability to "mass add" breaks in all my goals by specifying a from date & to date for all my goals in one place.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make mobile widget name the goal name, not the URL

I can change the goal name to be meaningful to me, but can't change the URL. For instance, I started my exercise regiment using an elliptical, so set the URL as /elliptical. I have since branched out into other forms of exercise, so have changed the name to "cardio", but my Beeminder Widget still says elliptical and there's no way to change it (as far as I can see).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. change Duolingo reminders

I was on Duolingo this morning (at about 8:30 EST). Duolingo updated Beeminder automatically at 9:31 (not sure time zone). At 9:40am EST I get a reminder email to go to Duolingo, which tells me in the body of the message that I already hit my target today. Could the reminders only send out if data hasn't already happened, especially for the automatic trackers like Duolingo? I like the reminder, but a reminder so soon after hitting target is just junk mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate with youtube

I want to practice my presentation skills by recording presentations and posting them to youtube. I would like to beemind the number of minutes of new video that I post to youtube.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Get Rescue Time to release sub category level data

It is vital, in order to track a goal that is worked on through different mediums/platforms, to have the transparency at a sub-category level within the fixed categories built in Rescue time.
    I feel it is within your interest to have this in Beeminder.
    I'm currently struggling to set a pledge on my abs goal, simply because I use 2 apps to set my daily trainings.
    Rescue Time and Beeminder are the perfect combination! Really!!! I don't even want to think of the poor alternative of manual input!

Hope you can make it happen!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make it possible to change the units of an existing goal

When creating a goal, I entered a unit. Now I want to use the "rescale" feature, and I'd like to also change the unit. I could not find such an option anywhere in the settings. (Or is the Y-axis label - which can be changed - the only place this is really used?)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Be able to add and remove a service on an existing goal

Let's say I have a fitbit goal to walk 10,000 steps a day.

Then maybe my fitbit breaks, but I find that my phone will count my steps that I take with it through the day, so I want to start entering manually based on that number.

I should be able to go to my goal and switch from using fitbit to update that goal's progress to removing fitbit from the goal and entering it manually.

On the flip side, if I start by entering my steps manually based on the value from my phone, then get a fitbit, I…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow precommitment for charity donation

Allow people to pre-commit money on a once-off or monthly basis. Then, at the end of a preset period, process that donation in proportion to the amount of time you were meeting or exceeding your goal requirements.

I already donate a regular amount of my salary to charity, and sometimes get a windfall (e.g. tax return) that I donate on a once off basis. However, I would like to be able to stake this money on performance against my goals. If I have a good month, all the money goes to charity. If I derail a couple of times (say,…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reset the nominal units reported to a predefined number at predetermined intervals.

It would be nice to have the graph reset the nominal amount of units reported to zero (or a given number) so you improve weekly performance. Say I'm only focusing on how I'm doing this week—checking Beeminder could tell me only how many times I've derailed this week, while maintaining the cumulative total for pricing. So if I had to pay $30 last week, on Sunday my counter resets to zero, but derailing this week will still charge me $90. It would be helpful mentally for focusing on performance and not feeling defeated by previous performance, and would be optional.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base