Skip to content

General

General

Categories

348 results found

1. Google keep is another lightweight todo list manager where you create checklists and check them off. One simple integration might be to count the number of google keep lists (perhaps filtered by tag) that are completed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I just spent a few minutes figuring out when I need to start working on each goal (in the worst case where I haven't added any more to it than was needed to not derail yesterday). I needed to find some dead time for a new goal.

I suggest you add a table somewhere that shows all of a user's goals, their deadlines, the last possible time to start on them, and any "free time". This would only work for time based goals, of course. It'd make it easier to set up waterfalls, which are a good idea that is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. as of now, one users' tagtime can exist on only one device, in order not to mess up the logs (and, consequently, the goals)

Please provide an option to sync tagtime pings between different devices (one smarphone and one desktop computer, for example)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Khan Academy has an odometer value called "Activity Points".

Allow automatic integration with that.

API:

Point: http://api-explorer.khanacademy.org/, under /api/v1/user - points

Seconds watched: http://api-explorer.khanacademy.org/, under /api/v1/user - totalsecondswatched

Proficient Exercises: http://api-explorer.khanacademy.org/, under /api/v1/user - count of proficient_exercises

168 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Day One is a hugely popular iOS/Mac journaling app... would love for Beeminder to track whether I am journaling every day.

Alternatively, any super easy journal app tracking. I suppose I could keep my journal in Draft, but I track that for other writing!

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. there are a lot of people using mooc for enhancing there knowledge.
    but often we sign up for a lot free online course and find it hard to complete it. If beeminder could auto track personal progress in udacity we could have a lot many more people completing these courses. It also eliminates temptation present in manual entry.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a goal with a specified date and weekly rate. If I retro-ratchet, my goal date changes. Better behavior would be to keep the goal date fixed, and just increase the goal value. Right now I'm trying to retroratchet but my goal date keeps changing, which is super frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like the x-min date on the graph to move with the front of the graph so in total I would only see 3 weeks on a graph.

It means for long term goals I can see how close I am to the line easier.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If you're logged out and you click on a goal, you're redirected to the log-in page. After you log in, you're redirected to your goal dashboard.

It would be nice if you were instead redirected to the goal you clicked on. I seem to get logged out a lot, so this is a regular annoyance for me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This feature would allow a user to create a goal that automatically and gradually increases from a lower initial rate to a higher target rate. Inputs would be the initial rate, the final rate, and a time scale. The result would be a non-linear road that hits the target rate at the specified time. Preferably the schedule for increase (e.g., constant, decreasing, increasing, etc.) would be set automagically.

For instance, let's say I'd like to work my way up to flossing once a day, but right now I'd be happy with once a week. I'm pretty sure I'll fail if…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to make sure I'm reading a certain number of pages a week, but I don't want to double-enter my data (I know I won't actually do it), especially since GoodReads just needs 'what page are you on?' whereas 'how many pages did you read today?' requires math. I'd love to have my GoodReads data show up here!

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think the current way of scheduling breaks is a little bit too cumbersome. It is also difficult to see for which days one has scheduled breaks. What I would suggest is providing a calendar view for each goal. The idea would be that for each day of the calendar you see a number indicating the rate of the goal for that day. For instance, if for a given goal you have a daily rate of 10, then you would see the number 10 for each day in the calendar. If you have scheduled a flat spot for certain days…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For do less goals, the key metric is how many more bad things you can do before derailing. The natural way to implement zeno polling here is by distance, not by deadline time. That is, if you have 10 cigarettes of headroom in the morning, you should be Zeno polled when 5 are recorded, then again at 7.5, 8.25 and so on.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Background: I made a new goal with a week of buffer, set a break or two for it, then decided I didn't want the week of buffer and retroratcheted.

I found that retroratchet moved the breaks forward as well. This is a little counterintuitive, at least given the usual use of breaks for vacations/days off. The only break I'd expect to be affected is any break I'm currently on (i.e. if I'm signalling I didn't want to take that break after all).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I often switch between Beeminder and a calculator while entering data: ie. I want to enter 6 sessions of 24 minutes, or however many more locations I've read on a book (ie. I'm now on 2346 and on previous datapoint I was at 2077) odometer goal doesn't cut it, I read several books simultaneously); this is particularly cumbersome on mobile. Let me enter instead "6 * 0:24" and "2346 - 2077".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. You should get in touch with udacity.com and coursera.org to find ways of auto-tracking a person's progress in the courses offered on those sites. Udacity.com in particular seems a good fit, as they have a consistent method of course structure. My first goal is to do daily coursework in courses I'm registered in. Auto-tracking would eliminate manual entry on Beeminder, and would eliminate the temptation to cheat if I make a pledge.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Say I spend a weekend working hard on a goal and end up about a week ahead. (Concrete example: I'm going through a textbook and converting vocabulary to flashcards, beeminding pages processed.)

At this point ... well, I'm a week ahead, and Beeminder's not going to give me any incentive for all those days till I get close to eep again.

If I want to destroy that buffer and continue at the same rate with a sooner goal date, I can retroratchet.

But with the goal being less about working hard (like exercise goals or bad habits are) and more…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. AKA give me a trendline than handles periodic noise

Like a lot of people who menstruate, my weight fluctuates naturally in semi-regular cycles. Beeminder has really fancy graphs, but it seems like all of the smoothing tools are designed to handle random noise but not periodic, correlated noise. It would be nice if one of these tools (moving average, polynomial fit, optimistic projection) were capable of taking into account the sine wave and showing me the real trend.

For example, every time I enter the peak of the cycle, the optimistic projection freaks out and flattens a lot of my…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Spending a certain amount of time per week with your heart rate around 130 beats a minute is a very common way to discuss low-intensity fitness/weight-loss programs. Tracking this is one of the major reasons I decided to get a fitbit.

Fitbit calculates and exposes this data: https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/heart-rate/

As a web developer I kinda wish there was a beeminder-contrib I could open a pull request on...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I retweet plenty. I want to make sure I do my own original tweets.

My ideal would be a do more of only normal tweets, but as you have a do less and retweets only already implemented (according to http://blog.beeminder.com/twitter/ ), a work around for me would be combine a general do more with a retweet do less, if you exposed the functions.

Also, twitter is missing from https://www.beeminder.com/start

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)