Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. I think it would be better if you could preview your graph on the goal creation page, before the goal is actually created. Besides the visual coolness, you get to tap into the way the human visual system is very good at noticing wrong shapes.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When resetting a goal, I appreciate that you now allow me to specify a slope instead of starting flat for a week. The original purpose of starting flat is to make sure I didn't lose with an overambitious setting. But today I reset with the wrong slope (one year longer than I wanted) and now I have to wait a week to truly start my goal and that slope will be steeper than I want. I think you can solve both problems by allowing a "grace period" on setting up a goal; e.g. within the first 24 hours (or 10…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to be able to share a goal/graph with friends and family without making it completely public. If that is a pain to implement I'd even be okay with a "if you have the right link then you can see the page" system, but with no obvious public link.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think an app for Beeminder on my iGoogle homepage would be a great way to improve functionality of Beeminder. My idea is pretty simple. Take the basic functions of the Beeminder homepage for a certain goal and put that on the iGoogle homepage. For example, I've got a goal to loose weight. Everyday I enter my data either through email or through the Beeminder website. With an iGoogle app I could view my graph for my weight loss goal; below that I could enter in that day's new point, then somewhere in the box I could press on an…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So, I currently have six goals, and I have to constantly keep clicking between them to enter and edit data as a I go through my day. It would be really awesome to have a view where I can say, have my goals (perhaps without graphs) laid out in a simple grid arrangement, colored according to my position on the various roads, and then below each section an area to enter new and edit the last few entered data for each one. That way I can see how everything is doing and add and edit the data for my life…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The graphs are nice as is, but could do so much more! I'm imagining beeminder as not just a self-binding tool but a self-awareness tool. For a simple example, say I have goals a and b -- it would be awesome to be able to graph a vs. b on the same graph, or the sum of a and b, and look at patterns in the data. Are a and b inversely proportional (suggesting limited reserves of time and motivation), or directly proportional (suggesting independently fluctuating levels of motivation)?

This is maybe way beyond what beeminder is intended to do,…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Motivation: It seems a bit tricky to edit intermediate goals (for example, setting goal too low and then high would create some unrealistic goals (e.g., +100 hours/week). Once a goal is set like this mistakenly, it's hard to change the goal, and it also reduces motivation to some degree.

Suggestion: One possible solution is to allow adjusting goals multiple times before
    "committing". This way, I would be able to try changing the goals until I get comfortable with a new goal, but
    once I press commit button, then the goal wouldn't be changed (at least
    within the next week).

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A few days might be OK, but definitely not two weeks. It can be silly, especially when the polynomial is high-order: see e.g. https://www.beeminder.com/army1987/goals/weight -- I don't think I'm gonna weigh 92 kilos by the 28th, not even taking the Christmas holidays into account...

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd like to be able to receive and respond to time-tracking pings from my phone (ideally, also from PC-based notifications in case I'm at a PC but don't have cell service) and have all my responses tracked and analyzed "in the cloud." This way I can track time that isn't spent at a computer (more descriptively than just "afk").

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m so hooked on tagtiming that I wouldn’t ever rely on a network connection or even a cell connection to get my pings.

Still, this is a great idea for people less obsessive about that.

(Note that if you have an android phone we do have a tagtime app.)

10. This is from the discussion at http://lesswrong.com/lw/7z1/antiakrasia_tool_like_stickkcom_for_data_nerds/

Allow people to add a "charity tip percentage" on top of their BeeMinder money. For instance, if I chose 100%, and I was due to pay $5, you'd charge me $10 and give half to charity. That way, you get the same money (except for the extra deterrent of the higher total), and I get to choose what percentage goes to charity. You also get interesting data about how much people value the idea of some of their money going to charity.

You could start with limited options for the charities - a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I get the whole anti-akrasia thing where you pay when you fail. You're incentivizing your future self to toe the line (stay on the road).

But it takes a certain kind of nerd to appreciate the value in that. Normal people might prefer it the other way around: I still put in my credit card up front but you only charge it if I actually reach my goal.

It's like a satisfaction guarantee: Beeminder will get you to the end of your Yellow Brick Road or your money back!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For goals of the form "do X at least N times per week", it would be helpful to check off each day which we did; instead of having 3 emails for 3 goals, we could have one "checklist" email where we could reply A, C to indicate that goals A and C should be incremented, but not B.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm not sure what the ordering logic is for the historical data, but it would be useful to be able to choose how to order it; by data or value, ascending/descending.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I notice that after importing some data, existing data for the same days were not replaced, instead I now have multiple values for the same day. That may be desirable , but maybe not. An option to replace existing values, ignore new duplicates, or keep all, would help.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think there is some movement on this board to give users more control over deleting or editing goals, but I wanted to point out that your current lack of an interface for these things is actually a bit of a feature. It makes you think twice about what goals you create (commit to). For instance, I have a dud email goal hanging around, I set it to end in a week and I hope it goes away, but as an end-user I don't know if it will and it makes me more careful about creating goals I don't want…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recently I had to reset my "meditation" goal, because I drove off the road. My yearly goal was to do 12 minutes every day, which means at the beginning of the year it was easy to set at 4380 as the goal for 2013-01-01. Since I had to reset the goal though, I had to reset it based on a weekly amount instead of my actual goal amount, since setting the total as 4380 would mean I'm actually overshooting by 100+ minutes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'd like TimeTag to text me when I'm out and about, not just on the web. That would allow me to use it with iOS or even people who still have dumbphones. I'm used to answering texts. I'm not sure of the barriers though.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This has decreased my motivation by reminding me I have nothing at stake.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The caret idea [https://www.beeminder.com/faq#qcut] is nice if you have trouble remembering the day of the month but carets are a pain to get to from iphone keyboards (and some android phones as well).

(As a first step, if the space weren't required after the caret that would streamline it a bit.)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As Alice pointed out in the previous status update, we’ve got apps for both iOS and Android, and they’ve got super easy data entry methods. But for people using the SMS bot or who just prefer the email bot to the apps, I like some of these ideas. Keep them coming!

20. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?