General

General

Categories

1. Some of our goals are grand projects; read a book, loose weight, etc.; but others are perishable, recurring events: keep a morning routine, floss, make bed, write in a Journal, etc. If you miss it, you can't reasonable make it up and it is gone forever. It'd be nice to see the option to specify up front, hey, I know I will fail from time to time and if I do I owe you $1 or $5 or $10; but with payment I am right back on track and will try to do better tomorrow.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For example to group training related goals, books to read etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Even though I have been using Beeminder for a few months, I still get confused by the number of safety days. It would make more sense to me if having 0 safe days meant I need to enter data by tonight. (Right now, it means that I need to enter data by tomorrow night.)

This would be a big change, in the sense that it would initially confuse some early users. But I think it would make more sense for new users, that it would not take long for early users to get used to it, and that it is…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Okay, I'm going to use Beeminder and pay the $. That's a result I want. I wish or have a preference that my payment was ultimately paying for some greater good than just going to Beeminder.
    Beeminder is a service I'm willing to pay for, no doubt.

My idea is that you allow the payment to be dedicated to a charitable organization of your choice either as a primary function of your payment system, or as an optional attribute of payments. Beeminder takes a fixed percentage of this payment.

If I fund Beeminder in advance, say $100 into my account,…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. This way you can see the history of your goals next to the history of your performance.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a "work" goal where I input my starting hours (negative) and ending hours (positive) each day. So if I work 9-5 I would first enter -9 in the morning, then 17 in the evening. It's quite a hassle converting minutes to decimal numbers. I know the web platform allows inputting data in the "hh:mm" form, but the android app does not. Also, neither platform allows me to enter "-hh:mm" for my starting hours.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. For newbies who are trying to figure out how to word a goal allow an additional step before clicking Set Goal. Show the goal - the road - etc., and ask the question Is this the goal you want to set? If the answer is No then allow them to go back and revise.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, only a safety limit is shown. Having been conditioned by the do-more goals to think in terms of safe days, I would like a similar information for set-a-limit goals. Maybe take the safety buffer and divide it by the highest daily amount so far? Obviously this would only be an estimate, but seeing all goals in a single format helps grasping the information in a single glance.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This would be valuable in putting the focus on (finally) handling all those older emails - the ones being postponed for too long - that linger in the inbox.

Another option - which would perhaps be easier to implement - would be to calculate the average age of the remaining emails in the inbox.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. -other sites like DuoLingo.com let you follow the progress of other people so that you can check up on them and/or compete against them; this would be nice to have here too!~

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sometimes, on a beemergency day, I know that I'm not going to get back on the road that day. If I'm in a lucid forward-looking frame of mind, I'm already thinking about what slope to unfreeze with, re-evaluating the aggressiveness of the goal, the appropriateness of my fine print, etc.

What I want is the ability to take advantage of that mindset, even in the midst of a temporary setback. I don't like having to wait until tomorrow, hoping that my lucid goal-setting self is still active (and brave, if that's what's required).

I want to be able to manually…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would like to have all new goals be secret unless I choose to make them public.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be immensely useful to have beeminder detect the browser timezone and provide an option to change the set one if it doesn't match. I routinely forget to change it when I travel and end up derailing goals unintentionally.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have my trello lists separated by category (Home, Work, Errands, etc.) and it would be great to hook up beeminder to my trello account. I don't want a goal for each list though. I just want one goal that follows all the lists.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to be able to record somewhere in a failed goal the postmortem, in order to case-study my failures. Currently one cannot edit the fine print once derailment has occurred. However, fine print seems like a great place to write a postmortem as a reminder to oneself of "why did I fail these goals", and stop running in circles.

Postmortems can include: I started too high, or I just hate this task and I might well decide to just quit this goal permanently, or perhaps I was quantifying the wrong variable.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If today is Monday, and I am taking off Wednesday, I can't create a new goal and then immediately schedule a vacation, because vacations can only be scheduled 7 days in advance.

This requirement should be waived for new goals.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It is possible to enter the days data in hours:minutes. it could be hugely helpful if it was also possible to see values in the right unit so one doesn't have to convert fractions into minutes.

There could be a setting for the unit so nothing would change for existing/not interested users.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Optimally from the same users if possible. I'm looking ahead to my next goal or goals after the Fat Cyclist challenge ends. I have a big goal for the end of the year, but I could easily break that down into 2 or 3 shorter term goals, e.g. 10% in the next 90 days. Would love to see your thoughts and data on short-term vs. long-term success

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have a goal in state "Goal Completed Successfully" that I want to archive. For some reason it is counting down 7 days until it will actually archive.

I can't think of any reason to prevent archiving of a completed goal.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow people to pre-commit money on a once-off or monthly basis. Then, at the end of a preset period, process that donation in proportion to the amount of time you were meeting or exceeding your goal requirements.

I already donate a regular amount of my salary to charity, and sometimes get a windfall (e.g. tax return) that I donate on a once off basis. However, I would like to be able to stake this money on performance against my goals. If I have a good month, all the money goes to charity. If I derail a couple of times (say,…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?