Low hanging fruit: make the best online Pomodoro timer/counter
The best web app I've found for keeping track of Pomodoro-technique work intervals is this:
... and it's honestly pretty sad. There's almost no interesting display of statistics, and you can't customize the work/break interval lengths!
As such, becoming the best online Promodoro timer/counter is low-hanging fruit. On the other hand, know lots of folks using Beeminder to track their Pomodoros...
Adding an ever-so-slightly customizable Pomodoro timer to your site could corner a new market segment, bring people to your site, and make things easier for existing users ;)
Agreed ! I am using Pomotodo right now but am still not satisfied with features. I think RescueTime would have the best chance of doing a good job with adding pomodoro tool but I don't think they are planning on it. Here are all the features I would want :
- Set custom pomodoro length with default being 25min
- Set custom break durations with default 5min
- Enable disable 'long breaks' and choose after how many pomodoros they occur
- Be able to cancel a pomodoro and track # canceled
- Be able to enter interruptions and track # of interruptions
- Be able to enter the task that was completed at the end of the pomodoro
- Be able to continue counting if no task is entered, and option to split the duration into multiple pomodoros if it is greater than 2+ (you would do this if you just continued working and ignored the timer)
- Be able to show statistics on all the above
- Catagorize or tag pomodoros so you can track the ones done for different projects
- Task Manager with contexts/tags/etc. ( as close to a GTD task manager as possible )
I'm currently working on a Pomodoro app, check it out at http://www.pomodorotimeronline.net/ I would be interested in any feedback / features that I could place into it for future releases?
Admindreeves (Cofounder, Beeminder) commented
I'm getting a 500 error when I try to sign up for pomodorowebapp.com
I'm curious, anonymous, what makes for a really good pomodoro app? You mentioned editing the times. You also mentioned statistics, but didn't say what you were interested in.
I'd love to know where you think the app you linked to falls short.