Skip to content

General

General

Categories

35 results found

1. -after awhile, graphs have so many points on them if one has been tracking something for a long time- it would be nice if one could zoom in and look more closely at data for specific time periods- like months, weeks, days, etc. specifically in the past for more data.

I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this idea before...? or maybe I just don't see it? o.o??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is technically different from the number 2 suggestion but we plan to do this as part of that so I thought it made sense to combine these.

Thanks so much for the suggestions and feedback here!

2. Basically, I would like beeminder to be able to show me the time I've recorded and tagged like Mint shows me the transactions that are categorized.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Oh, that sounds really cool! But I’m not really sure what kind of cool; there are a lot of things that could be and most of them are giant. If you’re interested in this, could you ask a new question (or ten!) with more details?

3. I count six safe days on this goal. Beeminder says that I have three hundred and sixty two.

Not that I'm complaining. =^D. Just filing a bug report.

https://www.beeminder.com/lindajeanne/goals/taskcount

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to take the turquoise swath out and add a skinny purple line to one of my graphs because it has too many discontinuous data points to make a nice regression... I know that this can be done from the web app, but every time I have to stop what I'm doing on the android and go use a program on another computer, I feel like something is broken. Same goes for every time I open a web browser in general.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually decided to remove things like goal creation from the smartphone apps because it was too hard to keep up with the website. Our current philosophy is that the apps should only do 3 things: let you enter data, show you a dashboard, and remind you and warn you of beemergencies.

5. It is a very little thing. I use igoogle regularly and like it. But, the one thing I miss is when I search with google I do not see the doodles when they occur.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When runners are trying to set personal records, they frequently run with a pacer. In dog racing the dogs chase an artificial rabbit. Etc. There are many metaphors that are appropriate here. The ability to superimpose a secondary, more difficult goal, on top of an existing "minimum" goal could be similarly motivational. Add a little carrot to the stick while pushing yourself past the comfort zone.

I posted about this as a comment on another proposal, but I saw that it was already closed so I wasn't sure if you'd read the comment I made there.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to just now reply to this ancient suggestion! Our current feeling is that this is not so necessary given that you can continually adjust how ambitious the goal is (using the Road Dial). Eager to hear if you think that doesn’t quite capture your proposal!

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ooh, that sounds like it would make things less painful … but I’m really worried some people would use it accidentally, which would be just awfully confusing.

8. Get rid of the feedback button. LOLZ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There is that Feedback button I just pressed wich doesn't let me read the description on the main page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Beeminder is great for stuff that needs to happen every day, but for stuff that is more about sporadic large chunks of time it doesn't work so well. For example, if I set a 15 hours a week goal and tend to spread this out with 5 hours 3 days a week, I'll quickly run off Beeminder's smooth daily ramp. It would be nice if Beeminder understood this kind of chunkiness.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We very much disagree about this and hope we can convince you! Beeminder allows brilliantly for chunkiness of time. You just have to pay attention to the number of Safety Buffer days you have left. So if you are doing your chunk of work for the week and want to make sure that you can last 7 days before doing more, just make sure you have 7 days of safety buffer. Let your road be flat for a week initially if you want to make sure you can establish such a safety buffer. (And see the other Feedback item I just responded to about how we won’t be imposing that initial week of flat spot, but you can still choose to have it.)

The beauty of the yellow brick road is that it guarantees that you will maintain the overal average that you want to maintain — like 15 hours…

13. Alternatively, get rid of the required "" if technically feasible

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think we can make this kind of thing smarter but I’m going to decline it for now because it’s surprisingly tricky. The reason it causes problems to be more forgiving about the format of datapoints in emails is that the bot can’t always tell where the stuff you typed ends and where your email signature begins. So if we try to be more forgiving about the format then parts of people’s signatures end up getting parsed as datapoints and it’s a mess.

14. I'm thinking you'd take a picture of things like desserts or the gym or a book or whatever, share it with Beeminder (Glass makes that pretty easy) and then Beeminder could insert warnings/reminders into your timeline.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I really like the stopwatch function in the Beeminder Android app!

However, I have a goal where I count the minutes, not the hours, spent on a task. When I use the stopwatch and submit it, it will give me a datapoint with the number of hours, not the number of minutes.

E.g. 5:30 minutes becomes: 5.5/60=0.092. But I want it to be: 5.5.

It would be nice to either change the goal's settings, or add something to the stopwatch so that it can also enter number of minutes.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →