Skip to content

General

General

Categories

348 results found

1. I want to beemind goals where spikes occur less frequently than 10% of the time.

Sample data series for a goal where the target value is greater than the starting value.

.1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .2 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 -4 .1 3 1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1

For this goal, I would want the center line of the road to be the straight-line…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A feature where I can put notes along my graph to signify benchmarks to qualitatively, rather than just quantitatively, see my progress...

For example, if I am trying to lose 100 pounds and set up a Beeminder graph accordingly, it'd be nice to have a note or symbol or any visual/text benchmark at the point in the graph that tells me "10 lbs Lost!"

This breaks up any big goal into benchmarks to steer my graph toward-- rather than just having a bulls-eye somewhere in the distance that I can't even see just starting out.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sorry, but couldn't find the instructions I needed anywhere. Had to discover by trial and error. The Overview and articles were not enough. Thanks for considering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I usually see my reminder emails on mobile (e.g. iPhone 5), and the limited screen real estate gives me no information about the goal without opening the email. Currently I can see only:

Subject: {myuserid}/goal on {today 's date} (li
    Body: Reply with new data points for http://bee

All of this information is contextual/default but it does not give me any status info, i.e. how far off track I am in the goal. Would suggest changing the subject line and body to put the "bottom-line up front" (BLUF as they call it in the US Military):

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I just signed up and I've noticed that my weight loss graph has two numbers in outline style on it: "$0" above the YBR, and "10" below it. I can figure out that the $0 is because I don't have a pledge involved, but I haven't been able to make sense of the 10. The legend explains data points, the YBR, the akrasia horizon, the rose-colored dots, the skinny purple line, and the turquoise swath, but not the ghostly text.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I just reached my target on an odometer-style goal, 9 days ahead of schedule. But the status bar still says "9 days, etc, until Goal Date' and there is a 9 watermark on the graph still. The only thing that looks completed is the yellow status bar on the right hand column.

Something else is in order: an arrow from the last data point that I entered, at the goal value, to the bulls-eye of the target. Simple and on theme!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When looking at my goal overview, I do find the safe day/pledge amounts on each graph to be useful. The light grey on white text, however, is hard to see on most of my monitors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm noticing that, after I derail, my road width gets larger than I would like it to be. For example, I had a graph with a 120pt road width (+60 and -60). I got into the wrong lane and then derailed pretty hard the next day. Between my wrong lane value on the one day and the value that caused me to derail on the next day, my datapoint was +179 from my centre line. When I rerailed my goal, the road width became 358 (+ and - 179 from the centre). This means I can now screw up, DAILY,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The "dial road' functionality in the iOS app shows the goal as a correct "per week" number, but when you modify it and press the "dial-it-in" button, it seems to be interpreted as "per day" quantity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've connected Beeminder to my Fitbit account and am experimenting with tracking a few things. One behaviour is frustrating though: • Beeminder imports historical data from Fitbit (I'm not sure whether it's all data or just a fixed prior period as I've not had my Fitbit for more than 10 days)
    • But… the graph begins only the day before

Since the data has been imported, I would like it to show on the graph, thus providing me with some visual "momentum". Else, why bother importing it?

Of course, if all historical data is imported and someone has been using a service…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right now the page has to do a complete refresh (new page request) when you want to switch tabs in the settings area. Better to allow the user to switch tabs freely, say using something like http://jqueryui.com/tabs, and then POST all the data to the server with an AJAX-esque send. Next step would be to put the entire settings operation into a div popover that expands out of the gear icon...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I want to get back to my thinner body. When I add data and see my updated graph, I would like the added boost of seeing a visual of what I'm working towards (an uploaded photo of a thin body that I am working to become.)

The image won't mess with my graph; it will only be visible next to my data history (the white box with lines that say 8 26 "comment", etc.), not on the graph itself.

This should be optional of course! But think about the endgame YOU'RE working towards (a fit body, smoke-free lungs, a finished…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I find myself un-checking a lot of "contact me on Mon, Tue, ..." boxes for each new goal when I either will be entering data rarely (weekly) or feel that I will remember to enter my data without reminders.

It would be nice to allow an existing goal to be cloned, carrying over everything except the data points.

(URLs and names would need to be de-duped somehow.. e.g. the time-honored tradition of "Copy of $original_name".)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If each goal had a configurable webhook, I could ask Beeminder to ping a URL of my choosing when I reach an emergency day, or a panic threshold. There are a few ways you could use this. But right now, I am thinking I could use it to trigger something like Twitter or Twillio (with a third-party service like Zapier to receive the webhook).

Very much a "nice-to-have"!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I just caught myself adding a data point and returning to my dashboard, only to be unsure of which graph I just added a data point to! In fact, over the period of a day, it can be hard to know which goals I have been working on.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Right now, unless I'm missing something, I have to archive each graph individually, and the process is laborious. I would like to archive ALL of my old graphs. Please give us the functionality to select multiple graphs and archive them all at once. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It's difficult to find where this is (some users don't know it exists: http://beeminder.uservoice.com/forums/3011-general/suggestions/3675852-have-the-goal-description-on-the-goal-page). Why not make it a subtitle in a larger font below the goal name? This usually conveys more useful info than the goal name, if it exists.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Maybe this is possible with the advanced goals. What I need is the odometer function of adding or substracting values but instead of starting from 0 start with an initial value and have the goal to decrease that value. Similar to the inbox fewer but instead of reporting the current total to be able to report + or - changes.
    My current use case wouldbe to reduce the number of items in Pocket. Using IFTTT I can have mails each time an item is added or archived but not the current total, if I forward this emails to te bot…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi! Moves app is a great Iphone app that allows to track activity in background. Please help me write ruby app or include importing from moves in beeminder. moves api is here: https://dev.moves-app.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The current concept of secret goals is strange. If I don't want others to see my goal, I normally don't want others to know that there is a secret goal either.

The current concept actually hinders sharing of goals, because I don't want to receive questions from friends etc about those secret goals.
    Feature request: Allow complete hiding of goals.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?