Skip to content

General

General

Categories

146 results found

1. I want to be "off the grid" for a few days. But if I don't enter data, I'll fall off the road! I would like a way to tell the minder that it should not judge me for n days. Then I can enter in what I did during that time.

It's not that I don't plan on meeting the goal, I just won't get a chance to enter data!

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now have the scheduled breaks feature, which isn’t quite what Eric has in mind here, but combined with Retroratchet you can pretty much do this now. We have something even better in mind that will hopefully make all this moot, but it’s still half baked.

PS: I’m not entirely sure these uservoice status update emails are working the way we want them to. Could you reply if you’re seeing this, just so we can get a sense?

2. Every time I load my page, the graphs are ordered differently. This means I have to hunt to find the right one - small inconvenience, but irritating nevertheless.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. [UPDATE: This is all now totally different from what's described here; you should probably ignore this whole suggestion. In particular there's nothing that happens if you delete all your datapoints, and archived goals are viewable, just not in your main gallery.]

Currently you only get the option to delete a goal if you first delete [no, not true! we told you to ignore all this!] every data point, which is obviously too tedious.

We need to address that better but here's what's holding us back, in case people have thoughts on it:

1. It's sort of against the spirit of a…

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This could use work but I think it’s best to mark this completed so people can have their votes back. If you still want, say, true deletion, or improvements to archiving (like being able to actually see your archived goals!) we’ll let you add those as separate suggestions.

4. (We, the cofounders, actually have an ugly version of this, so thought we'd offer to clean it up and make it available if there's demand for it.)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Personally I'd find it very useful to be able to scan through all my goals in the order of how close I am to losing; so I can make sure to put effort into those ones which are most urgent.

It doesn't take too long to check through, so I wouldn't consider this urgent, but it would be a handy feature.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is how the gallery is sorted now, and you can customize it slightly by changing the panic threshold for goals. (The gallery is sorted by how imminent the panic thresholds are.)

6. There is a red line and a grey line and it is not clear what they denote.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It should be an option at goal-creation time.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It feels cluttered and information overloady to have all my goals, including the ones I'm not tracking anymore, all on one page. Can we shunt off the inactive ones to an archive or vault so I don't have to look at my shameful past anymore?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently your graph refreshes at or soon after 3am in the time zone you specify in My Account.

Some people want their day to officially end at, say, 4am, or some upper bound on when they might go to bed. So a graph refresh at 3am might be premature. (This only would matter if it's an "emergency" day where you're in the red and about to be officially off your yellow brick road at the end of the day.)

Other people want the opposite. To quote one user:

one problem I've had is I often leave my tasks to the…

140 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 136 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One known bug so far: if you change your rate units in advanced settings to something other than “weekly” then the road dial in the Android app won’t work right.

Please let us know of others!

12. The bot reminders now include the number of safety buffer days (number of days you can do nothing and still be on your yellow brick road) and say when it's an "emergency" day (will be officially off the road if you don't do something by midnight), which is great. But it might be nice to be able to choose to have the warnings even if you don't otherwise want the reminders.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ok, so this could still be improved, but now if you uncheck all the days of the week (“which days can beeminder remind me on”), and leave either text or email reminders on, then you’ll get reminders only when you are orange or red.

13. Currently an "emergency day" -- when your graph is red -- means that you have to enter new data by the end of the day or you lose (ie, you're officially off the road, and you get charged if you had money at risk).

But what if I actually did the workout or whatever I was beeminding by the end of the day and just didn't have a chance to enter it?

The current answer is to just not let that happen. It's normally fine to wait till the next day to enter data for the previous day (or any…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[UPDATE: I’m marking this completed now since we like the current compromise of being able to enter data retroactively but still having to reply to the legit check. And we do have the 24-hour window before the charge actually goes through, which is usually plenty of time to cry foul if the derailment wasn’t legit.]

We’re actually finding it works surprisingly well to have a bit of human intervention when you derail. We can easily grow 10x before we have to automate this for our own sanity. And it seems to be an amazing deterrent to weaseling/cheating when you have to explain yourself to actual humans to get your graph unfrozen.

We’re still inclined to try the slightly kinder/gentler version but it has fallen down the priority list a bit, given how well the more human-moderated version is working.

More thoughts on this welcomed!

14. Building up a safety buffer can be great but sometimes you have too much safety buffer and your yellow brick road becomes pretty toothless for a while. Especially if you had the steepness set too conservatively at first.

So let's have a feature where, when a flash of willpower strikes, you can make your road harder immediately and wipe out the safety buffer. (It's still important to have the one-week delay on making the road easier, for the reasons discussed at http://blog.beeminder.com/dial )

One way to do this is a RetroRatchet button that makes the yellow brick road retroactively…

212 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RetroRatchet is here! We’re now working on a version where you can choose how much to ratchet. This version is fully hardcore, making the road leap to wherever your datapoint is today.

15. -- i.e., if I want someone to be able to see my slope and whether I'm still on the road, but not my actual weight or whatever other number it is.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It's currently free to start on a yellow brick road. If you go off you have to put $5 at risk to reset and try again. If you go off again then you have to put $10 at risk to try a third time. Then $30, then $90, etc.

Details at http://beeminder.com/money

But if you know from the start that 5 or 10 dollars isn't going to be very motivating, you should be able to jump straight to something that is.

This is one way in which stickK.com currently beats Beeminder: If you're gung ho to force yourself to shape…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now commit anytime (i.e. without first losing) and jump up to a higher level on the fee schedule if you so choose. The fee schedule still sets the lower bound on how much you must commit if you drive off your road.

18. I know the old data itself is still accessible but not the graph.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The one week delay before the ramp up begins is unnecessarily confusing, especially because the Beeminder bot still bugs me during that week.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?