Skip to content

General

General

Categories

146 results found

1. It would be great to be able to extend the due date of a goal once it is past (at the moment it seems that the only option is to reset, even though one is on track).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It's a little unclear that the graph is being redrawn when it's just grayed out, and I often worry that my data hasn't been accepted.

(I love beeminder btw!)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is very similar to the RetroRatchet idea, and it is trying to combat the same problem (too much safety buffer), but I believe a simple cap on the safety buffer (which has been suggested in the RetroRatchet thread) is the better solution.

So for example, I have a goal to go cycling 50km/week, but I don't want to do that all in one day because I want to make a habit out of it, then I could put the cap at two or three days of safety buffer. Then if I cycle 50km in one day, the safety buffer…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When "unarchiving" an archived goal it sensibly moves back to active goals. The tooltip, however, is still "Archive". I suggest it should be e.g. "Restore" and the button could be a + instead of an X.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I find the Goal Rate radio boxes very confusing. Instead of X'ing the degree of freedom I want to exclude, I find it much more intuitive to select (click on the X) of the aspect(s) I want to include--even if that means I need to click twice (at present I need to click a lot more than twice :-)).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this was from an abominable previous version of the road dial. So I’ll mark this completed for now but definitely feel free to create more suggestions related to the current road dial if you have any. Thanks so much for the feedback!

6. If I accomplish a goal and thereby fulfill my contract, I can set a new, similar goal for free. Why not allow me to reset the same completed goal for free, and keep my history?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would love to use beeminder to track how much money I'm saving (wich is not loewring expenses). But since the salary is once a month, it will be pointless to enter data each day.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Once a goal has successfully been completed, there is an option to Reset. That button hides the Settings tab. But maybe I want to change the settings: make it public/private, or hide/show the turquoise swath.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If one is juggling many beeminder graphs, it can be easy to forget if a graph has been updated for the day or not. Currently, checking a graph requires visiting the graph page, waiting for it to render, and then eyeballing the graph or the recent data as appropriate.

It would be lovely if—on the user's goal overview page—a visual indicator (such as a check-mark) appeared on graphs that have had data for that day already entered. This would allow the user to tell at a glance which graphs need tending.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Beeminder is working for me. It's working really well. However I know that once my number of goals grows larger, so does the cost of reporting and cognitively tracking those goals.

I'd love to see a page which simply lists all my goals, and how many days of safety buffer I have on each. Then I can immediately tell how long it is before I have to vacuum the floor, publish some photos, write some slides, do the laundry, or whatever other infrequent "do more" tasks I'm tracking. There's no need for graphs here, just a list of goals, preferably…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm trying to limit my consumption of something, but it's a bit of a pain to count it for a daily total or to go to the site each time I consume. If I could have an email address to send data to throughout the day, I could quickly and easily email the data each time I consume. It would probably be easiest to assign my account an email address, require the goal name (or url slug) as the subject, and do a quick day-amount-comment in the message.

Most of how Beeminder works looks great, and I look forward to…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ... so I don't have to manually reconfigure my graph 1 week before holidays and birthdays and set it back later. I'd like to spend some time in a setup session getting the graph just right and then not have to think about it for the long haul.

261 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Beeminder already has Inbox goals, and I have friends with goals like "Send X emails of type Y" per day. Currently, these involve manually reporting to beeminder whenever an applicable e-mail has been sent, or the size of one's inbox when the beeminder reminder arrives.

It would be lovely for there to be a Gmail plug-in (which might actually be implemented as a Firefox plug-in), which allows automatic reporting of inbox size (for inbox goals), and presents a "this email relates to goal X" option when sending e-mail.

I seem to recall Google has published an API for client-side plug-in…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, goals just sort of go on forever. When using Beeminder for tracking one-time goals, the goal list can become cluttered with old goals. The only way to remove a goal from the main window[1] is to individually remove all of the data points, then delete the goal itself.

[1] There is an "X" button, but it just moves the goal to the bottom, it doesn't hide it.

124 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I realized that the goal that I set for myself is too low and doesn't provide enough of an incentive. What I'd like to do is to increase my contract amount without actually falling off the yellow brick road.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow users to paste their Withings data URL (available in the Share tab on the Withings site) into the "new data" box on Beeminder.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let's say that I have a goal of cycling 50km/week. If my goal is to get into the habit of cycling regularly, then I don't want to allow myself to cycle all 50km in one day, and slack off for the rest of the week. However I do want to report my distances accurately to Beeminder, and I do want cycling 50km in a day to be perfectly okay.

What I'd love is for Beeminder to put a cap on how much effort can be applied each day. Perhaps I've cycled 50km, but only the first 15km of each day…

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I create a goal, I'd like to be able to specify the details of what counts and what doesn't. The standard Beeminder Contract includes a "fine print" section, but there is nowhere to actually specify that fine print.

When creating the goal, I know what I want the fine print to be. Three months from now, when I will be tempted to weasel, it would be good to have a place which reminds me the rules I set for myself

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I really like the "rate" setting, but it's a little inconvenient to use if I want to extend my graph without changing it. First I have to go into settings and change the end date, then I have to go back to the main graph and enter the rate that was there before.

Obviously, this isn't too hard, but it becomes a serious problem with TagTime graphs, which hide everything below the graph, including the rate setting.

A quick fix might be to update TagTime graph behavior, but I would prefer the rate option to be made available in the…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote