Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. Include the verbal status (below the road, in the right lane, in the wrong lane, etc) optionally on the goal page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The best web app I've found for keeping track of Pomodoro-technique work intervals is this:
    http://www.pomodorowebapp.com/
    ... and it's honestly pretty sad. There's almost no interesting display of statistics, and you can't customize the work/break interval lengths!

As such, becoming the best online Promodoro timer/counter is low-hanging fruit. On the other hand, know lots of folks using Beeminder to track their Pomodoros...

Adding an ever-so-slightly customizable Pomodoro timer to your site could corner a new market segment, bring people to your site, and make things easier for existing users ;)

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Because the Yellow Brick Road slopes up or down, there's an optical illusion effect that happens where the numbers on the right and the numbers on the left don't seem to match up. That also makes it difficult to see where exactly your data points are, whether a line is diagonal or straight, and even where the center and edges of your Road are. If we could turn on a "graph paper" option in advanced settings, where the big horizontal tick marks (or vertical ones, for those that want) go all the way through the graph, those problems would be…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new Draft integration is great! But the fact that it counts words added OR deleted is less so. As an example: I went to correct a word and because the iPad implementation of draft is a little sketchy, ending up accidentally hitting paste -- which pasted a 5,000 word 'copy' that I'd made. Suddenly the program thought I was 10,000 words further along than I really was (it counted both the addition AND the removal.) If this is, as is claimed supposed to be for Nanowrimo, it's only the final count that matters -- no credit is given for…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sometimes I need to edit data point. For example if I make several prospecting calls a day, I would like to be able to edit data value and comment right under the graph.

Example: I do new call. I need to add +1 to value and add new prospect name to comments (I don't want to add a new data point for this day)

Right now I have to open "All data" tab and edit data point there. It's not very convinient

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice if I could write "+45 " in front of my phone numbers to indicate that it is a Danish number. At the moment, the '+' gets eaten by the validation code so the there is an extra '45' there.

I get that you may not want to send SMS'es outside of the US (or North America), but it would still be nice if the phone number could be entered correctly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, archiving a goal triggers an 'are you sure?' modal box, and that's it. What if there was an optional feedback prompt after archiving that asked why you were archiving the goal? I'm thinking of radio buttons: 'I completed this goal', 'I'm not interested anymore', 'Other', and a text box.

This is valuable information for you guys. I recently archived three goals that led to me landing an awesome job, and I'd like for my success to correlate to my Beeminding.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Endomondo is a top rated activity tracker that works across almost all platforms. Would love to have beeminder functionality work with this app (though there's crossover between fitbit and endomondo, it won't work as I would prefer :)

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On the goal page, add some sort of indicator to make it understood whether the "Until derailment" time is until you LOSE or until you COMPLETE the goal.

This becomes a problem sometimes if you're trying to build a buffer on a 'do more' goal and every day the buffer gets smaller because you forgot that your completion date is closer than the buffer time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In some goals each unit is indivisible, and doesn't make sense for the bare min numbers to display a floating point number. It would be more intuitive for them to show a round number.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. you're asking for too much trust: Why would beeminder need to write anything from my github account?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Possibly it should be a premium feature? We decided not to make the basic SMS bot a premium feature (based on asking a bunch of people who use the SMS bot) but may Zeno-polling via SMS should be premium, both because it costs us (a tiny bit of) money and to filter out newbees who might enable it unwittingly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let us set an account setting that will automatically have goals be off on certain days. I don't like having to manually enter weekends off for all my goals every week.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The current concept of secret goals is strange. If I don't want others to see my goal, I normally don't want others to know that there is a secret goal either.

The current concept actually hinders sharing of goals, because I don't want to receive questions from friends etc about those secret goals.
    Feature request: Allow complete hiding of goals.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My "problem" is that I can power through activities I don't like when it is only for a short period of time. So even when I set my beeminder contract to a few thousand dollars for the goal of working out regularly, I could still easily back out of this obligation at any point by archiving my goal. From that point forward, I would only need to perform my workouts one additional week. Because of the end in sight, that wouldn't be a problem at all.

To be able to actually make working out with beeminder work for me, I…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to make sure I'm reading a certain number of pages a week, but I don't want to double-enter my data (I know I won't actually do it), especially since GoodReads just needs 'what page are you on?' whereas 'how many pages did you read today?' requires math. I'd love to have my GoodReads data show up here!

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A helpful change would be to allow 10 unread emails before BeeMinder fails.

I often check my email from my phone but don't run my full GTD system from it. So it's more anxiety producing than helpful on net to have BeeMinder track inbox zero for me when it will just randomly mark me as failing for checking my email from other devices.

Also, I've tried to set this myself, but the interface is completely inflexible and won't let me edit the goal to be something like "under 10" even right after I've started. Why is there total lock-in immediately…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi! Moves app is a great Iphone app that allows to track activity in background. Please help me write ruby app or include importing from moves in beeminder. moves api is here: https://dev.moves-app.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Khan Academy has an odometer value called "Activity Points".

Allow automatic integration with that.

API:

Point: http://api-explorer.khanacademy.org/, under /api/v1/user - points

Seconds watched: http://api-explorer.khanacademy.org/, under /api/v1/user - totalsecondswatched

Proficient Exercises: http://api-explorer.khanacademy.org/, under /api/v1/user - count of proficient_exercises

168 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently I track my car's mpg with a google form + spreadsheet but it would be awesome to do it in beeminder.

The thing I think is missing is that beeminder would need to do math. I input at every fillup: odometer, gallons added, and cost (and date, assumed from form input date). This lets me calculate mpg since the last fillup as well as dollars per mile.

Considering you can actually do a lot in personal driving habits and car maintenance to contribute to additional mpg, so long as you aren't stuck in traffic often, it is actually really…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 17 18