Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. A feature where I can put notes along my graph to signify benchmarks to qualitatively, rather than just quantitatively, see my progress...

For example, if I am trying to lose 100 pounds and set up a Beeminder graph accordingly, it'd be nice to have a note or symbol or any visual/text benchmark at the point in the graph that tells me "10 lbs Lost!"

This breaks up any big goal into benchmarks to steer my graph toward-- rather than just having a bulls-eye somewhere in the distance that I can't even see just starting out.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a "work" goal where I input my starting hours (negative) and ending hours (positive) each day. So if I work 9-5 I would first enter -9 in the morning, then 17 in the evening. It's quite a hassle converting minutes to decimal numbers. I know the web platform allows inputting data in the "hh:mm" form, but the android app does not. Also, neither platform allows me to enter "-hh:mm" for my starting hours.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I don't know how you keep track of Beeminder blog posts, but an easy way to keep track of blogging and other publishing-type tasks (Twitter, Youtube, ...) would be to check an RSS/Atom feed and then count the posts / words / whatever.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Brene Brown (http://www.brenebrown.com/) has done a lot of research and writing about shame, vulnerability and guilt. The summary of what she's written and what I've read is that shame tends to disable whereas guilt (or reaching out for help with vulnerability) tends to enable you towards goeals.

I suggest that instead the current message, it say something more like "hey everyone, give me hell until i re-rail on this goal. i just paid
    @bmndr $5 for derailing."

Less shame, more requests for support

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When looking at my goal overview, I do find the safe day/pledge amounts on each graph to be useful. The light grey on white text, however, is hard to see on most of my monitors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I just reached my target on an odometer-style goal, 9 days ahead of schedule. But the status bar still says "9 days, etc, until Goal Date' and there is a 9 watermark on the graph still. The only thing that looks completed is the yellow status bar on the right hand column.

Something else is in order: an arrow from the last data point that I entered, at the goal value, to the bulls-eye of the target. Simple and on theme!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I usually see my reminder emails on mobile (e.g. iPhone 5), and the limited screen real estate gives me no information about the goal without opening the email. Currently I can see only:

Subject: {myuserid}/goal on {today 's date} (li
    Body: Reply with new data points for http://bee

All of this information is contextual/default but it does not give me any status info, i.e. how far off track I am in the goal. Would suggest changing the subject line and body to put the "bottom-line up front" (BLUF as they call it in the US Military):

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I love the RescueTime-Beeminder alliance - it's magic. I set RescueTime to send Alerts when I've worked 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 hours of Very Productive Time - so when I get tired, I feel good about what I did!

Adding some sort of rewarding Badge or Alert popup/text/email would make Beeminder even more addictive than it currently is. Seeing the graphs is a carrot; losing money is a stick. More carrots is almost always a good idea!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My work and goal are both tracked under the same RescueTime category (Design & Composition). I want to increase my writing time, not track my work (I get my work done). The only way to get the data I need is via the subcategory :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I couldn't find a better place for this. Perhaps the moderators can move it somewhere sensible, or delete if no such place exists?

I wrote a simple script to track total words learned in Memrise which uploads datapoints to Beeminder. You can find it here: https://github.com/beneills/memrise-beeminder

You probably have to be reasonably technical to install it/make it work correctly. I plan to extend this dramatically in future, and it will form the basis of my more general Beeminder daemon. Until then...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have a number of activities I need to do once-a-week. Naturally, I'd like deadlines for these tasks to be uniformly distributed over the week.

Currently I cannot do that easily — I have either to enter them at the right time, or play with the slope over the time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make data area more usable. I recently unfroze a goal after a number of months and the recent data with the dd date first just is confusing. This should not have to 1-1 correspond with the data sent to the bot, the later does not need to change.

There could be a configurable date mask as to how to show the info in the date area. E.g. I would choose:
    "dd mmm yy - goal # - message"

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pushover (https://pushover.net) is a service which provides push notification services to other applications.

Would be great for reminders.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to beemind goals where spikes occur less frequently than 10% of the time.

Sample data series for a goal where the target value is greater than the starting value.

.1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .2 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 -4 .1 3 1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1

For this goal, I would want the center line of the road to be the straight-line…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, the akrasia horizon (the length of time before which your changes kick in) is fixed at one week. I think this is unnecessary "one size fits all". Not only are there individual differences, there are differences between types of goals for the same individual.

The akrasia horizon represents a trade-off between flexibility and the strength of commitment, but the value of each can depend on the circumstances. Flexibility gains in importance when there is more uncertainty about the near future (e.g. if your goal depends to a large degree on the weather), while strength of commitment gains in importance…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For a lot of fitness related goals there are multiple dimensions. Running 5k is one thing, but running it at 9 minute miles is very different from 8 minute miles. In weight lifting, the data are naturally of the form (weight, reps, sets), and an improvement in any dimension represents real growth. Users should be able to report multi-dimensional data and specify a function that maps their data space into one dimension for graphing and tracking purposes.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For certain goals like "Keep my weekly restaurant spending below $150", forgetting to make entries is as good as staying below the line.

To prevent accidental or weasely omissions, it would be very useful to specify that data must be entered every X days or somesuch. Failing to do so would cause an emergency day and then failure if data wasn't entered (even if the data was just 0 -- the point is that I actually made the effort to record something)

This would also be useful for weight loss goals.

Currently, I can simulate this facility by creating a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Okay, I'm going to use Beeminder and pay the $. That's a result I want. I wish or have a preference that my payment was ultimately paying for some greater good than just going to Beeminder.
    Beeminder is a service I'm willing to pay for, no doubt.

My idea is that you allow the payment to be dedicated to a charitable organization of your choice either as a primary function of your payment system, or as an optional attribute of payments. Beeminder takes a fixed percentage of this payment.

If I fund Beeminder in advance, say $100 into my account,…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When signing up and connecting with RunKeeper, any RunKeeper-integrated goals should be populated with historical data from RunKeeper.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?