Skip to content

General

General

Categories

349 results found

1. I'm noticing that, after I derail, my road width gets larger than I would like it to be. For example, I had a graph with a 120pt road width (+60 and -60). I got into the wrong lane and then derailed pretty hard the next day. Between my wrong lane value on the one day and the value that caused me to derail on the next day, my datapoint was +179 from my centre line. When I rerailed my goal, the road width became 358 (+ and - 179 from the centre). This means I can now screw up, DAILY,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I don't want reminders every day or on particular days of the week, but I definitely do want a reminder if it's the emergency day or day before. I can't do that with the current email settings.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The following is from a user who wants to remain anonymous [note that i think you can also post anonymously by just coming here in a fresh browser session]:

I would like to never weigh more than I do today. I also wouldn't mind losing a bit of weight, but I would like it to happen naturally over time without any strict dieting or goal-setting, and while learning to eat for maintenance. Sometimes I do lose a little without thinking much about it - that's the ideal situation. However, when that happens, I would like the yellow brick road to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Email settings for Backburnered/completed/failed goals should appear in a section at the bottom of the page.

Or else, perhaps active goals should be highlighted in some way whether by order or colour or something else.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to use beeminder to ensure I stay on-track for goals that are due in the short term e.g. < 1 week. For example, I have something due in three days and I need to write 5+ pages a day to finish on-time. It might even be nice if the frequency of the deadlines could be upped from once a day to perhaps 2-3 times a day.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My work and goal are both tracked under the same RescueTime category (Design & Composition). I want to increase my writing time, not track my work (I get my work done). The only way to get the data I need is via the subcategory :(

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The email settings page allows very fine-grained control over settings, but adding a new goal can requires one to change the settings.

e.g. I want to permit daily mass mailings, but don't ever want the bot to email me about specific goals (except legitimacy tests). However, a new goal defaults to email on all days.

Solution: Have "default new goal settings" in email screen, or infer from existing goals the user's likely preference, and use that as default.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sometimes I travel or vacation without access to beeminder BUT I still keep up with my goals and habit building. It would be nice to be able to "pause" my goals for a set period and then enter the data when I get back. Then if I kept up with my goal while incommunicado, no harm, and if I fell off the wagon the sting kicks in.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change the initial value on the signup screen... it's very very confusing and counterintuitive. It let me put "0" and ruined my goal. :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Once you're in the goal view, you could rotate your phone and the graph would come up filling the landscape view.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I just signed up and I've noticed that my weight loss graph has two numbers in outline style on it: "$0" above the YBR, and "10" below it. I can figure out that the $0 is because I don't have a pledge involved, but I haven't been able to make sense of the 10. The legend explains data points, the YBR, the akrasia horizon, the rose-colored dots, the skinny purple line, and the turquoise swath, but not the ghostly text.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For newbies who are trying to figure out how to word a goal allow an additional step before clicking Set Goal. Show the goal - the road - etc., and ask the question Is this the goal you want to set? If the answer is No then allow them to go back and revise.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right now the page has to do a complete refresh (new page request) when you want to switch tabs in the settings area. Better to allow the user to switch tabs freely, say using something like http://jqueryui.com/tabs, and then POST all the data to the server with an AJAX-esque send. Next step would be to put the entire settings operation into a div popover that expands out of the gear icon...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've connected Beeminder to my Fitbit account and am experimenting with tracking a few things. One behaviour is frustrating though: • Beeminder imports historical data from Fitbit (I'm not sure whether it's all data or just a fixed prior period as I've not had my Fitbit for more than 10 days)
    • But… the graph begins only the day before

Since the data has been imported, I would like it to show on the graph, thus providing me with some visual "momentum". Else, why bother importing it?

Of course, if all historical data is imported and someone has been using a service…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. (This is several features but it seems easiest to put them together; I can split them out if desired.)

I've been working with the Beeminder API, experimenting with alternate views of my goals, and there are some things that are either missing or nice-to-have:

• The API doesn't seem to have access to the 'goal string', "Stay on the yellow brick road" or whatever I've replaced it with.
    • This is probably calculable from the given data, at least roughly, but the API doesn't provide the three-number green-blue-orange summary that shows up below the bare minimum. This would be really nice to…
    5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The "dial road' functionality in the iOS app shows the goal as a correct "per week" number, but when you modify it and press the "dial-it-in" button, it seems to be interpreted as "per day" quantity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sorry, but couldn't find the instructions I needed anywhere. Had to discover by trial and error. The Overview and articles were not enough. Thanks for considering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I blindly entered my data for 1st March as "29 xxx" following on from the 28th Feb data in the row above. It seems like you ought to be able to catch that mistake for me?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I love the RescueTime-Beeminder alliance - it's magic. I set RescueTime to send Alerts when I've worked 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 hours of Very Productive Time - so when I get tired, I feel good about what I did!

Adding some sort of rewarding Badge or Alert popup/text/email would make Beeminder even more addictive than it currently is. Seeing the graphs is a carrot; losing money is a stick. More carrots is always nice!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Right now if you go to http://beeminder.com as a logged in user you still see the standard landing page with sign-up/login calls to action. IMO It would be much better if a logged in user was redirected to their dashboard.

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?