I suggest you ...

Support RescueTime subcategories

My work and goal are both tracked under the same RescueTime category (Design & Composition). I want to increase my writing time, not track my work (I get my work done). The only way to get the data I need is via the subcategory :(

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    London CrockettLondon Crockett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PauloPaulo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Any news about tracking sub categories from Rescue Time?
        For sports we can use multiple apps for one same goal. It would be very helpful to track subcategories from there.

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this possible with the current Beeminder? I'm trying to track my usage of a specific program (Anki), and I'd far rather have Rescuetime automate the process of inputting how much time I spent on Anki every day rather than manually doing it. I created a subcategory in RescueTime for Anki, but Beeminder doesn't seem to track subcategories.

As a related question, I see that it does appear to be able to track specific "activities" (e.g. Word, Chrome, or theatlantic.com). Is there any user control over which of those activities we can select (or does Beeminder have control, or does RescueTime auto-generate them)? If I could select Anki directly from the activities option, that would work perfectly for me too, but I don't see it listed.

• Andy B.AdminAndy B. (Admin, Beeminder) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the suggestion London. Right now we don't get data back from RescueTime that's that specific, but I'll talk to them and see if there's any workaround for this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base