Skip to content

General

General

Categories

146 results found

1. ... so I don't have to manually reconfigure my graph 1 week before holidays and birthdays and set it back later. I'd like to spend some time in a setup session getting the graph just right and then not have to think about it for the long haul.

261 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Building up a safety buffer can be great but sometimes you have too much safety buffer and your yellow brick road becomes pretty toothless for a while. Especially if you had the steepness set too conservatively at first.

So let's have a feature where, when a flash of willpower strikes, you can make your road harder immediately and wipe out the safety buffer. (It's still important to have the one-week delay on making the road easier, for the reasons discussed at http://blog.beeminder.com/dial )

One way to do this is a RetroRatchet button that makes the yellow brick road retroactively…

212 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RetroRatchet is here! We’re now working on a version where you can choose how much to ratchet. This version is fully hardcore, making the road leap to wherever your datapoint is today.

3. Currently your graph refreshes at or soon after 3am in the time zone you specify in My Account.

Some people want their day to officially end at, say, 4am, or some upper bound on when they might go to bed. So a graph refresh at 3am might be premature. (This only would matter if it's an "emergency" day where you're in the red and about to be officially off your yellow brick road at the end of the day.)

Other people want the opposite. To quote one user:

one problem I've had is I often leave my tasks to the…

140 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 136 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, goals just sort of go on forever. When using Beeminder for tracking one-time goals, the goal list can become cluttered with old goals. The only way to remove a goal from the main window[1] is to individually remove all of the data points, then delete the goal itself.

[1] There is an "X" button, but it just moves the goal to the bottom, it doesn't hide it.

124 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be fantastic if beeminder linked up to a simple timer app so that it could track goals such as
    - study for 2 hours a day
    - meditate for 10 minutes a day
    - run for 20 minutes a day
    I think this would be excellent and so useful for us students!

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now built in to the Android app! We’ll let people who want this but don’t have an Android device create a new suggestion. There is already a suggestion to integrate with Toggl and we encourage people to add other such apps as suggested integrations.

7. 96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One known bug so far: if you change your rate units in advanced settings to something other than “weekly” then the road dial in the Android app won’t work right.

Please let us know of others!

8. [UPDATE: This is all now totally different from what's described here; you should probably ignore this whole suggestion. In particular there's nothing that happens if you delete all your datapoints, and archived goals are viewable, just not in your main gallery.]

Currently you only get the option to delete a goal if you first delete [no, not true! we told you to ignore all this!] every data point, which is obviously too tedious.

We need to address that better but here's what's holding us back, in case people have thoughts on it:

1. It's sort of against the spirit of a…

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This could use work but I think it’s best to mark this completed so people can have their votes back. If you still want, say, true deletion, or improvements to archiving (like being able to actually see your archived goals!) we’ll let you add those as separate suggestions.

9. The bot reminders now include the number of safety buffer days (number of days you can do nothing and still be on your yellow brick road) and say when it's an "emergency" day (will be officially off the road if you don't do something by midnight), which is great. But it might be nice to be able to choose to have the warnings even if you don't otherwise want the reminders.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ok, so this could still be improved, but now if you uncheck all the days of the week (“which days can beeminder remind me on”), and leave either text or email reminders on, then you’ll get reminders only when you are orange or red.

10. Let's say that I have a goal of cycling 50km/week. If my goal is to get into the habit of cycling regularly, then I don't want to allow myself to cycle all 50km in one day, and slack off for the rest of the week. However I do want to report my distances accurately to Beeminder, and I do want cycling 50km in a day to be perfectly okay.

What I'd love is for Beeminder to put a cap on how much effort can be applied each day. Perhaps I've cycled 50km, but only the first 15km of each day…

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to be "off the grid" for a few days. But if I don't enter data, I'll fall off the road! I would like a way to tell the minder that it should not judge me for n days. Then I can enter in what I did during that time.

It's not that I don't plan on meeting the goal, I just won't get a chance to enter data!

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now have the scheduled breaks feature, which isn’t quite what Eric has in mind here, but combined with Retroratchet you can pretty much do this now. We have something even better in mind that will hopefully make all this moot, but it’s still half baked.

PS: I’m not entirely sure these uservoice status update emails are working the way we want them to. Could you reply if you’re seeing this, just so we can get a sense?

12. For the desktop version of TagTime you can configure it to automatically send your data to Beeminder. There's no good way to do that currently for the Android version of TagTime.

If you use TagTime and have an Android phone (even if you don't currently use the TagTime Android app) then you should upvote this!

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This seems to work well if you only use the TagTime Android app. If you also use the TagTime desktop app then this is not yet going to be useful. Eager to hear feedback on all this!

13. 55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After the graph has been unfrozen, the historical data gets erased from the graph and it starts from scratch again. While I understand that a user might not want to see how they've failed, i'm often proud of the progress i've made up to that point, and I want to keep the data on the graph (not on the "historical graph" page). It should be an option, at least.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently an "emergency day" -- when your graph is red -- means that you have to enter new data by the end of the day or you lose (ie, you're officially off the road, and you get charged if you had money at risk).

But what if I actually did the workout or whatever I was beeminding by the end of the day and just didn't have a chance to enter it?

The current answer is to just not let that happen. It's normally fine to wait till the next day to enter data for the previous day (or any…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[UPDATE: I’m marking this completed now since we like the current compromise of being able to enter data retroactively but still having to reply to the legit check. And we do have the 24-hour window before the charge actually goes through, which is usually plenty of time to cry foul if the derailment wasn’t legit.]

We’re actually finding it works surprisingly well to have a bit of human intervention when you derail. We can easily grow 10x before we have to automate this for our own sanity. And it seems to be an amazing deterrent to weaseling/cheating when you have to explain yourself to actual humans to get your graph unfrozen.

We’re still inclined to try the slightly kinder/gentler version but it has fallen down the priority list a bit, given how well the more human-moderated version is working.

More thoughts on this welcomed!

16. Se see many ideas of integration with different services, but if perhaps you could integrate with IFTTT you could integrate with them all.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been accepted as an IFTTT channel! We hope to launch this in January!

UPDATE: Embarrassingly it took us until May but it’s SO AWESOME. We have both Triggers and Actions and even have Macros to help turn anything and everything into beemindable numbers.

17. Set a Limit goals in particular would benefit from a user-specified "worst I could do" value that gets added in the absence of any user-reported data. This would be much better than the current default flat line approach, which means failure to report means you're achieving superhuman perfection on a Set a Limit goal.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is live (except for being able to customize the default reported value). It’s called Pessimistic Presumptive Reports and you can opt in to it in advanced settings. We’re thinking about having this be the default for Set-A-Limit (aka Do Less) goals.

18. http://getpocket.com/

We should also integrate with Instapaper but I have the impression that Pocket is the new hotness.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We've migrated to forum.beeminder.com and beeminder.consider.it for things like this but are doing a bit of cleanup to make sure we didn't miss any old integration requests.

Anyway, Pocket integration is done!

19. Todoist has awesome recurrent date scheduling options, therefore I can't possibly switch to Trello, but I would love integration of Beeminder with different projects on Todoist.

Would also be awesome if different tasks could be assigned a different weight...

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. At the moment I have to go through each goal and enter my data on its individual page. I would like a single page where I could enter new data for all of my goals quickly at once at the end of the day.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8